No announcement yet.

Official "Panic Button" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jose Abreu released today by Houston. What a spectacular face plant.
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Riley's season will not end up as expected, so I agree he was likely a bad auction day buy for most (I needed a 3bman and luckily targeted Jose Ramirez and got him for the same price as Riley). That said, if you can get him at a discount, I'd say buy. His statcast data suggesst a lot of this is bad luck. He is still 90th percentile for bat speed, 91st percentile for max exit velo, and 82% for hard hit rate. Again, his season stats will end up making 2024 a down year for him, but I think if you can land him at a discount, you will be buying the best part of his season. It can't get worse than it has been and he will likely regress to his norm the remainder of the season, or close enough to it that he is worth getting at a decent discount. I'd make a play for him, but I know his owners will not sell low.

Comment

• As if to validate my post, Riley goes 3-4 tonight is a monster HR. All three hits were at least 104 MPH. I'd say the window to buy low, if one exists, it very close to closing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
          As if to validate my post, Riley goes 3-4 tonight is a monster HR. All three hits were at least 104 MPH. I'd say the window to buy low, if one exists, it very close to closing.
          Yup as I stated before the comments in this thread are really weird especially those suggesting selling low.

Definitely managed to find the absolute worst time to sell a few of the players mentioned.

i guess lesson learned is find the guy in your league who will panic like this for easy buys.

Comment

• Josh Lowe is only playing against RHP and is 2-24 with 12 K's this month leaving him with a .189 BA on the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent to Triple-A to work things out. He's not even worth rostering in a 12 team mixed. Panic meter 9.

“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

As if to validate my post, Riley goes 3-4 tonight is a monster HR. All three hits were at least 104 MPH. I'd say the window to buy low, if one exists, it very close to closing.
              Just traded for him today, woohoo!
              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Josh Lowe is only playing against RHP and is 2-24 with 12 K's this month leaving him with a .189 BA on the season. I wouldn't be surprised if he gets sent to Triple-A to work things out. He's not even worth rostering in a 12 team mixed. Panic meter 9.
                Yep, dropped him from my fantasy team after keeping him, and traded for Christian Walker before the season in my sim league. Just brutal.
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post

Yep, dropped him from my fantasy team after keeping him, and traded for Christian Walker before the season in my sim league. Just brutal.
                  He was one of my keepers also. That's why I gave him such a long leash. But, now I need to make room for players returning from the IL and my outfield is already stacked. So, Lowe is looking more and more like the guy to cut.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Traded for Riley today (gave away future reserve picks, plus Kjerstad - price was dirt cheap), also trying to trade for Langford.

Anyone else people are panicking on?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Traded for Riley today (gave away future reserve picks, plus Kjerstad - price was dirt cheap), also trying to trade for Langford.

Anyone else people are panicking on?
                      I am starting to worry about Anthony Rendon
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

I am starting to worry about Anthony Rendon
                        And I am starting to worry about Kris Bryant.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

And I am starting to worry about Kris Bryant.
                          I'm beginning to think Stephen Strasburg is never gonna live up his $245 million contract...I don't want to be hasty though. He does have a couple more years to turn things around.

Comment

I'm beginning to think Stephen Strasburg is never gonna live up his $245 million contract...I don't want to be hasty though. He does have a couple more years to turn things around.
                            But where is your panic meter ? 7...7.5?
                            "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post

But where is your panic meter ? 7...7.5?
                              Soooooo.......is the panic meter linear or logarithmic? Inquiring minds want to know7
                              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Soooooo.......is the panic meter linear or logarithmic? Inquiring minds want to know7
                                Gratuitous 7 at the end of the last post. You are welcome
                                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                                X