Official "Panic Button" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    George Springer - is he going over the falls? 34 years old, hitting .188 with just 3 HRs and 9 RBIs. Not getting demoted, but this is definitely not what fantasy owners expected. Panic Meter - 7.
    Statcast stats are a sea of blue:
    - EV is 86.1, down 2.2 mph from last season which was also a career low
    - MaxEV is also a career low 109.7, down 6.2 from last season
    - Launch Angle is 8.8, down from 12.0 last season
    - Barrel rate is 4.7%, also a career low, and down from 15.3% in '21
    - HardHit% is also a career low of 32.7%

Everything here is screaming "get out now"

Comment

Latest:

Corbin Carroll - disastrous, just .186 on the season, with only 2 HRs. Panic Meter - 4.

Ok I have Carroll and I think your meter is too low. What's going on with this guy? Do the underlying numbers show some bad luck or is there some kind of injury he's hiding? I haven't seen any signs that he's ready to break out of this any time soon, so if anyone has any insight as to what's going on with him, please share.

Comment

I have officially hit the panic button on Wyatt Langford, shipping him off to Hornsby in my redraft league for Jose Caballero.

Comment

I have officially hit the panic button on Wyatt Langford, shipping him off to Hornsby in my redraft league for Jose Caballero.
          I'm keeping him on the bench but not trading him. I still think I can recoup at least half of my $20 spent on him in the second half.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Is the goal of this thread to sell at rock bottom value? If so, panic meter success!

Who knows what will happen with Langford, I would guess based on all the information we have that he's a lot better than what you sold as. But I can't imagine a worse way to play fantasy baseball than to sell when a player's perceived value is lowest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

Is the goal of this thread to sell at rock bottom value? If so, panic meter success!

Who knows what will happen with Langford, I would guess based on all the information we have that he's a lot better than what you sold as. But I can't imagine a worse way to play fantasy baseball than to sell when a player's perceived value is lowest.
              How is acquiring a shortstop who has 20 SBs and is on pace for 55 SBs selling low? The unfortunate reality is that Langford was bought extraordinarily high by myself and anyone else who drafted in March and bought the ADP and projection hype.

Current ROS projection value on FanGraphs for Langford range from $1.40 to $12.00.

Current ROS projection value on FanGraphs for Caballero range from $9.20 to $16.60.

It's not selling low, it's trying to recoup the draft capital paid, and unfortunately Caballero is more likely to do that than Langford this season.

Comment

Originally posted by ironfist View Post

Ok I have Carroll and I think your meter is too low. What's going on with this guy? Do the underlying numbers show some bad luck or is there some kind of injury he's hiding? I haven't seen any signs that he's ready to break out of this any time soon, so if anyone has any insight as to what's going on with him, please share.
                Carroll is showing signs of life with 3 hits today.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

How is acquiring a shortstop who has 20 SBs and is on pace for 55 SBs selling low? The unfortunate reality is that Langford was bought extraordinarily high by myself and anyone else who drafted in March and bought the ADP and projection hype.

Current ROS projection value on FanGraphs for Langford range from $1.40 to $12.00.

Current ROS projection value on FanGraphs for Caballero range from $9.20 to $16.60.

It's not selling low, it's trying to recoup the draft capital paid, and unfortunately Caballero is more likely to do that than Langford this season.
                  You are definitely selling low. On draft day you could have had 3 Caballeros for Langford. Trying to recoup draft value is a desperate move and a very common reason to sell low. But telling yourself you aren’t selling low doesn’t change it.

And if you just want to extrapolate the SB out on a 9 hole hitter with an unsustainable babip, an increased K rate, and a top 3 prospect lurking on a team who loves to play matchups then I’m not sure what to tell you.

Comment

Some new ones:

James Outman - .173/.256/.284. Probably has a lot of goodwill from last season, but when Heyward returns, Pages may not be the one on the outs. Panic Meter - 6.

Jack Suwinski - .178 with 2 HRs. Panic Meter - 6

Brett Baty - losing playing time to Mark Vientos, especially vs RHPs. Panic Meter - 5.
                    All 3 demoted to AAA

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post

All 3 demoted to AAA
                      Wait, I thought that we were using this thread to anti-jink our players. Clearly that isn't working, although it did for Vlad
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
                      ---------------------------------------------
                      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Crazy how different a dynasty league values. Wyatt Langford, I have zero worries long term. That he is hitting .222 or whatever, basically a good weekend away from oh look, he is a hot potato, after 120 at bats and an injury in his 1st season means less than zero. In dynasty, or quasi dynasty where you can keep him long term, you should not be trading Langford for less than absolute studs. Panic level, absolute zero.

Comment

• Carroll, we are getting a much longer look. And yes, I have worries. There has to be some underlying non disclosed vision, or interpersonal relationship drama, or something. This is weird.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post

I picked up Colt Keith again. He seems to finally be putting things together.
                            Colt Keith had a .342/ .392/ .493 slash line during the month of May. Not much power yet. But, he's no longer lost like he was in April.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Seriously, what dafuq is going on with Austin Riley??? The guy is 0-4 EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.Since he returned from the 12 days he sat in the dugout twiddling his thumbs, he's 10-for-62 with 0 HRs and 2 RBIs. He has 3 HRs ON THE ENTIRE SEASON, which is as many as Tomas Nido and Reese McGuire. He has an 80 OPS+, down from 139 last season. He simply cannot hit fastballs. Against the four seamer, he's seen 352 of them and is hitting .100 against them. .100!!!

This guy would need an epic hot streak just to end up with 20 HRs and 60 RBIs. What a freakin disaster. Panic Meter - 9.5.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                                Seriously, what dafuq is going on with Austin Riley??? The guy is 0-4 EVERY. SINGLE. GAME.Since he returned from the 12 days he sat in the dugout twiddling his thumbs, he's 10-for-62 with 0 HRs and 2 RBIs. He has 3 HRs ON THE ENTIRE SEASON, which is as many as Tomas Nido and Reese McGuire. He has an 80 OPS+, down from 139 last season. He simply cannot hit fastballs. Against the four seamer, he's seen 352 of them and is hitting .100 against them. .100!!!

This guy would need an epic hot streak just to end up with 20 HRs and 60 RBIs. What a freakin disaster. Panic Meter - 9.5.

May be the most disappointing non-injured player this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X