No announcement yet.

Official "Panic Button" Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One owner has Vlad, Bregman, Alvarez, and Springer. He currently has six offense points, one above the minimum, and is ready to dump. I'm in first and ready to pounce on two of them. How would you rank them moving forward?
    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
      One owner has Vlad, Bregman, Alvarez, and Springer. He currently has six offense points, one above the minimum, and is ready to dump. I'm in first and ready to pounce on two of them. How would you rank them moving forward?
      Alvarez first pretty clearly for me....then probably VlaD, Springer and Bergman,
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

Alvarez first pretty clearly for me....then probably VlaD, Springer and Bergman,
        I agree.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah my first offer will include Yordan and Vlad.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

I agree.
            That's not what we do with FS around here, whether or not we actually agree. The correct response is "I disagree."

Comment

Originally posted by umjewman View Post

That's not what we do with FS around here, whether or not we actually agree. The correct response is "I disagree."
              I'm not so sure about that
              I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Some more:
                Jarred Kelenic - I guess Atlanta can't fix everyone. No power, no speed, not much of anything in fact. Panic Meter - 8.

Mitch Garver - .163/.270/.316. Whiffing at a 40% clip. He's on a 2-year deal, so he's likely not going anywhere. Good buy low? Panic Meter - 4.

Brandon Drury - was one of the most consistent hitters over the last couple of years, but he's off to an awful start: .156/.219/.208. Probably another solid buy low type. Panic Meter - 4.

Jordan Beck - just came up and is 3-for-21 which is fine, but it's the 0 BBs and 11 Ks (52% K rate) which is very troubling. If you were overjoyed that you got him on waivers for free, well.....Panic Meter - 8.

Comment

The Houston Astros are 12-22 and Justin Verlander is getting pounded by the Yankees, so soon to be 12-23. Panic meter: ???
                  The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                  George Orwell, 1984

Comment

He tricked me by saying something that made sense. I won't let him do that again.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

He tricked me by saying something that made sense. I won't let him do that again.
                      You say that, but I will keep spewing nonsense, then in August or next January it will happen again....I am playing the long game
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                        Encarnacion-Strand has continued to stink up the joint. Panic Meter remains at 9.
                        Aaaannnd it turns out he was playing through a broken wrist. The Panic Meter never lies!

Comment

You say that, but I will keep spewing nonsense, then in August or next January it will happen again....I am playing the long game
                          Even a broken clock is right twice a day (or once, if you're using a 24 hour clock).

Comment

Out of all of the prior mentioned players, CES is the one who stands out to me as a great buy-low opportunity. There is profit to be made from the panic of others.
                            I disagree

Comment

Even a broken clock is right twice a day (or once, if you're using a 24 hour clock).
                              I disagree.

That makes assumptions about failure modes that don't withstand even the slightest scrutiny. Just tired cliches ? Do better, sir
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I disagree.

That makes assumptions about failure modes that don't withstand even the slightest scrutiny. Just tired cliches ? Do better, sir
                                Are you expectations of me so high that you really expect me to do better? I'm honored.

Comment

Working...
                                X