Is this finally it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
    The multi-champ does zero research and has nine titles.
    Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
    He apparently has a system that works and doesn't need to conduct or do research (not sure I believe that)....but has that approach worked well for you?
    Sounds like the multi-champ has mastered the art of how to fleece people in trades.
    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

The same multi champ who said not to trade Chourio for Strider & Ragans?
      Clearly, he'd have to do some type of research to come to that conclusion.

Put in the effort to use an auction calculator and I'd bet you perform better in your league.

Comment

I've never used any. The multi-champ does zero research and has nine titles.
        Either this is true, or he actually does research and tells you that he doesn't...... I wonder which one is more likely?

Also, even in the wild scenario where he doesn't do any research why would that preclude you from doing it? In fact that should motivate you to do it, not the opposite. How do you plan to beat the 9 time winner without doing more than he's doing?

Has zero research worked for you so far? Somewhere in here there's a "the definition of insanity" remark...

Comment

More information is never bad but all of the programs I found aren't free.
          We pointed you to a free one that could help you immensely
          ---------------------------------------------
          Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
          The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
          George Orwell, 1984

Comment

More information is never bad but all of the programs I found aren't free.
            Come on, seriously?

For all those people that find it more convenient to bother you with their question than to google it for themselves.

Comment

By the way, not that anyone believe this silliness about not doing research, but what does that even mean? He doesn't watch baseball and just guesses at who is good every year?

Everything you do on this site and every baseball game you watch and every article you read or podcast you listen to is "research".

There are good tools out there to take that base of "research" and apply it to a specific league format. Choosing not to use those tools when they are easily available is just silly.

We all watch a lot of baseball. If you don't then this isn't the "game" for you. Now take that base of knowledge, apply some tools that funnel that knowledge towards a strategy for your fantasy game, and go have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

Sounds like the multi-champ has mastered the art of how to fleece people in trades.
                Or pretend he doesn't do research...why not both? I guess
                The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
                George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So if I'm reading this right Betts should have gone for $41 and not $62? Or Witt is worth $42 so at $7 he's a bargain?

Comment

So if I'm reading this right Betts should have gone for $41 and not $62? Or Witt is worth $42 so at $7 he's a bargain?
                    Well, the easy part first ....witt at 7 bucks is indeed a bargain.

I don't know what you are reading but betts at 41 seems like a reasonable price before inflation is considered.

So if there are no keepers, then the calculator (if inputs are correct) should tell you a value based on expected performance. Due to keepers at below value there is inflation which would impact what you should bid in an auction

Now that your auction/draft is done you can probably ignore inflation for this year, but you need to understand it will be important in considering keepers for next year.

This is getting more complicated than I hoped....use the calculator to understand what is good estimate of player value. Use it to compare players when u trade. What value are you giving vs. what you are getting. Bit you also need to consider future value and inflation, which is probably best for another post.
                    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Well, the easy part first ....witt at 7 bucks is indeed a bargain.

I don't know what you are reading but betts at 41 seems like a reasonable price before inflation is considered.

So if there are no keepers, then the calculator (if inputs are correct) should tell you a value based on expected performance. Due to keepers at below value there is inflation which would impact what you should bid in an auction

Now that your auction/draft is done you can probably ignore inflation for this year, but you need to understand it will be important in considering keepers for next year.

This is getting more complicated than I hoped....use the calculator to understand what is good estimate of player value. Use it to compare players when u trade. What value are you giving vs. what you are getting. Bit you also need to consider future value and inflation, which is probably best for another post.
                      to make it simpler...the calculator should tell you the approximate value of a player this year. In a keeper league, due to inflation, you always need to pay more than the real value to acquire a player in the auction, but be aware of the players actual value
                      Last edited by The Feral Slasher; 03-19-2024, 06:54 PM.
                      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

to make it simpler...the calculator should tell you the approximate value of a player this year. In a keeper league, due to inflation, you always need to pay more than the real value to acquire a player in the auction, but be aware of the players actual value
                        Until later in the draft, when the inflated prices paid during the early and middle stages of the auction tend to lead to relative bargains being available. Adding a couple of players at less than their projected production value often helps offset some of the inflated prices you've paid.

2021 Auction Anatomy
                        2021 Keeper Decisions
                        2020 Auction Anatomy
                        2020 Pre-Auction
                        2015 Auction Anatomy
                        2014 Auction Anatomy
                        2011 Auction Anatomy

RotoJunkie Posts: 4,314
                        RotoJunkie Join Date: Jun 2001

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post
                          Until later in the draft, when the inflated prices paid during the early and middle stages of the auction tend to lead to relative bargains being available. Adding a couple of players at less than their projected production value often helps offset some of the inflated prices you've paid.

agree completely I see that every auction although that’s next level and we are talking basics

Comment

Originally posted by ThatRogue View Post

True. Basically you almost always pay inflation on the stars/superstars, but for guys outside the top 150-200 or so you can start to find values
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So Acuna kept at $32 adjusted is worth $100 after I input all the keepers? Wow..

Comment

So Acuna kept at $32 adjusted is worth $100 after I input all the keepers? Wow..
                                With a decent amount of inflation that seems reasonable.
                                Now you've got an understanding of the real prices and values in your league.

Comment

Working...
                                X