Is this finally it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this finally it?

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    keep 6 major / 5 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that​

C- Rutschman $16/2nd year
    1B- Hoskins $19
    2B- Paredes $17
    3B- Burger $20
    SS- Witt $7/2nd year
    MI- BLowe $11
    CI- Drury $12
    OF- Tatis $29/5th year
    OF- Rooker $5
    OF- KCarpenter $7
    OF- HDavis $16
    DH- Wisdom $1
    P- TWalker $1
    P- Sewald $12
    P- Ragans $8/1st year
    P- Civale $16
    P- Payampas $1
    P- HGreene $11/2nd year
    P- Baz $9
    P- ALange $3
    P- Strider $16/2nd year

Heading into the reserve draft how does it look? I'm looking at Varland, Montas, Wicks or Joey Ortiz with the first pick. CBS projects us middle of the pack - top 5 in HR and dead last in AVG.

In the minors draft after the reserves I am adding Langford with the top pick.

A couple player/prices jump out to me.
    H Davis $16 (seems you like those guys who'll get catcher availability) - I don't see how he'll earn this
    Wisdom - is he draft able in a 16 teamer?
    Baz $9 - although I like him what are you going to get out of him this year? I guess it depends on who is available to pick up
    TWalker - see Wisdom

You definitely have power. Outside of Witt & Tatis, there's zero speed. I don't know how to value BB-K without diving in. I agree with the assessment on Avg...not too great.
    I'd certainly look for a SP to replace Baz while he's down, then watch the MIL bullpen and if Payamps isn't getting saves I'd look to replace. If Greene can keep his ERA/WHIP decent your staff is pretty good.
    Don't trade Langford.

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
      16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
      $260 auction budget
      $400 in-season cap
      keep 6 major / 5 minor
      +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that​

C- Rutschman $16/2nd year
      1B- Hoskins $19
      2B- Paredes $17
      3B- Burger $20
      SS- Witt $7/2nd year
      MI- BLowe $11
      CI- Drury $12
      OF- Tatis $29/5th year
      OF- Rooker $5
      OF- KCarpenter $7
      OF- HDavis $16
      DH- Wisdom $1
      P- TWalker $1
      P- Sewald $12
      P- Ragans $8/1st year
      P- Civale $16
      P- Payampas $1
      P- HGreene $11/2nd year
      P- Baz $9
      P- ALange $3
      P- Strider $16/2nd year

Heading into the reserve draft how does it look? I'm looking at Varland, Montas, Wicks or Joey Ortiz with the first pick. CBS projects us middle of the pack - top 5 in HR and dead last in AVG.

In the minors draft after the reserves I am adding Langford with the top pick.
      This team doesn't jump out to me as a league favorite. Possible to contend, but I would let it play out and definitely not trade any future value until this team performs and is competitive for a month or two. Be patient and let it play out a little before making any big moves
      ---------------------------------------------
      Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
      The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
      George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post

This team doesn't jump out to me as a league favorite. Possible to contend, but I would let it play out and definitely not trade any future value until this team performs and is competitive for a month or two. Be patient and let it play out a little before making any big moves
        With Strider, Tatis, and Witt on the same team in a 16 team league, there's a base here that should be a league winner. That's 3 top ~10 players. In a 16 team league that's really hard to get. Add in Adley, Langford, Greene and we have enough talent here to build from.

If this was my team I would definitely be pushing all in considering that base of talent. Yes you'd need to improve the middle and lower half of the team, but that should be doable through trades and free agency.

Langford should fill in and start at DH immediately. Once Davis gets C eligibility I might look to trade Adley for a star OFer.

Comment

My fear is always not having a backup C in case Adley gets hurt. The wire has next to no quality once the reserve is finished.

Comment

My fear is always not having a backup C in case Adley gets hurt. The wire has next to no quality once the reserve is finished.
            in a 1 catcher league there should be a few replacement level catchers on waivers.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post

With Strider, Tatis, and Witt on the same team in a 16 team league, there's a base here that should be a league winner. That's 3 top ~10 players. In a 16 team league that's really hard to get. Add in Adley, Langford, Greene and we have enough talent here to build from.

If this was my team I would definitely be pushing all in considering that base of talent. Yes you'd need to improve the middle and lower half of the team, but that should be doable through trades and free agency.

Langford should fill in and start at DH immediately. Once Davis gets C eligibility I might look to trade Adley for a star OFer.
              Those 3 are great, just looking at the draft there are not really any others superstars. And there are some question marks. That is my concern, to compete for a title it takes more than 3 guys. They may be enough if the rest of the lineup is above average....but I have real concerns on the pitching beyond 2 or 3 guys, and several holes in the lineup as well. I would not be going all in early with this hand
              The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

in a 1 catcher league there should be a few replacement level catchers on waivers.
                Not if everyone has a 2nd catcher on their bench. It's probably defense-only catchers that are still available.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post

Not if everyone has a 2nd catcher on their bench. It's probably defense-only catchers that are still available.
                  I guess I'm not following - in a 15 team 2c league everyone rosters a guy and some teams have a backup and we all survive.

The relevant question is the utility of having extra room for a backup catcher versus utilizing an asset to improve another area of your team.

Looking at this team, it has a core of star players and should be a winning team if managed right. It's hard to imagine the right way of managing this team is keeping a backup catcher just in case someone gets hurt vs upgrading in another area when it has several holes that need to be filled.

With this team you need to be positioning yourself with the players to surround those stars to actually win, otherwise you might as well trade away your stars and play for 2027.

Comment

I guess I'm not following - in a 15 team 2c league everyone rosters a guy and some teams have a backup and we all survive.

The relevant question is the utility of having extra room for a backup catcher versus utilizing an asset to improve another area of your team.

Looking at this team, it has a core of star players and should be a winning team if managed right. It's hard to imagine the right way of managing this team is keeping a backup catcher just in case someone gets hurt vs upgrading in another area when it has several holes that need to be filled.

With this team you need to be positioning yourself with the players to surround those stars to actually win, otherwise you might as well trade away your stars and play for 2027.
                    Henry Davis can be used at DH or OF while backing up the C position. Multi-position players can be extremely valuable over the course of a 6 month season. But, if Davis is locked into the C position, his value is diminished.

A good compromise here is if you can make a multi-player deal for Rutschman and get a catcher throw-in in return who is a little better than what is available on the wire while also getting an upgrade at another position. When I say a little better, I'm talking about one of the 15-20 HR low batting average guys.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

So you get your backup catcher in the reserve round(s), do not pay for the backup in auction.
                      I'd do as Ken suggested and trade Adley once Davis gets C eligibility. Based on last years catcher market in your league, good luck with that.

Comment

Henry Davis can be used at DH or OF while backing up the C position. Multi-position players can be extremely valuable over the course of a 6 month season. But, if Davis is locked into the C position, his value is diminished.

A good compromise here is if you can make a multi-player deal for Rutschman and get a catcher throw-in in return who is a little better than what is available on the wire while also getting an upgrade at another position. When I say a little better, I'm talking about one of the 15-20 HR low batting average guys.
                        I don't see the value in having a sub par OF or DH, Davis only has value as a catcher. And only if he is actually good, which is still a question. I would not recommend moving Rutschman. This is not a great situation, and one of my concerns with this roster
                        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

I don't see the value in having a sub par OF or DH, Davis only has value as a catcher. And only if he is actually good, which is still a question. I would not recommend moving Rutschman. This is not a great situation, and one of my concerns with this roster
                          I guess I don't expect Davis to be subpar too much longer.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I guess I don't expect Davis to be subpar too much longer.
                            So you think he will put up stats better than an average OF?
                            George Orwell, 1984

Comment

So you think he will put up stats better than an average OF?
                              And if he is an above average OF, he should be slotted at C in order to maximize his value. So then the right move is to trade him or Rutschman. I would move Davis before Rutschman. Anyway, if he is an above average OF it is a nice problem to have. if not it's just a problem
                              George Orwell, 1984

Comment

Working...
                              X