Strider for Chourio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
    I misunderstood our league rules. I always thought we back-filled the minors draft, but we don't. To have the top pick (and Langford) i can't keep any of my minors. I'm fairly confident i can redraft Bassallo and Walcott probably. Yamamoto is eligible for our auction so I know he won't be available.
    You're asking some questions that don't make sense. You asked what FYPD guys to target after Yam/Langford (which are 1a/1b for 1.01), but we don't know what picks you have. It's like coming to a fantasy baseball forum and just generally asking "who should I draft" with no additional context.

Comment

I have picks 1, 6, 14, 22, and 33.

Going off RHD's list, after I take Langford at 1:

Crews, Skenes, Jenkins, Clark, Lee, Mayo, Jett Williams, Acuna, DeLauter, Shaw, Baz, Manzardo, Caissie, Horton, Walcott, Bassallo, Gilbert, Clifford, Waldrep, and Teel

Kept Adley, Witt, Tatis, Strider, Ragans, and Greene.

Auction is Sunday.

Comment

I have picks 1, 6, 14, 22, and 33.

Going off RHD's list, after I take Langford at 1:

Crews, Skenes, Jenkins, Clark, Lee, Mayo, Jett Williams, Acuna, DeLauter, Shaw, Baz, Manzardo, Caissie, Horton, Walcott, Bassallo, Gilbert, Clifford, Waldrep, and Teel

Kept Adley, Witt, Tatis, Strider, Ragans, and Greene.

Auction is Sunday.
        If you are interested in alternate viewpoints I'd personally push Mayo up significantly in this list (probably top 2) especially in your format where steals are de-emphasised, and I'd move Clark down. I'd also move up DeLauter. Walcott might move up too depending on how minors are treated - personally I think he should be pretty close to Clark in ranking but that may be more a function of moving Clark down.

In a 1C format I'd also move Teel down.
        Last edited by Ken; 03-12-2024, 09:28 AM.

Comment

Agree on Mayo. I'd probably move Baz up a few spots too.
          I would not take any catching prospect in a 1C league. And avoid bidding on any catcher in auction (a reminder from last year).

Comment

This thread did not age well.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

It's a given. I am never going to compete in this league. Already put Strider and Tatis on the block.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                This thread did not age well.
                Yeah, I feel bad for pushing Strider so hard. I did not factor in the inevitability of major injury for a hard thrower in today's MLB. I was foolish to underestimate that probability in the comparison.
                Last edited by Sour Masher; 04-11-2024, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Is it crazy to trade Strider? Offered a $1 Mead.

Comment

Is it crazy to trade Strider? Offered a $1 Mead.
                    Not Crazy to trade him. But you'll want a lot more than Curtis Mead in return. I don't think I'd make that trade for 4 Curtis Meads. It's not close.

Maybe a $1 Curtis Mead is attractive as keeper near the end of your list for future value. But if you are looking for future value you already have Strider who is a future value asset.

Comment

$1 DeLauter for Tatis?

Comment

$1 DeLauter for Tatis?
                        not sure if serious. Why would you want to trade tatis are you giving up

Comment

No Strider. I think Tatis is getting expensive

Comment

No Strider. I think Tatis is getting expensive
                            What do you mean getting expensive? If you are trying to win this year the contract doesn't matter much at all.

Are you trying to win this league in 2024?

Comment

I want to win this year given the keepers I had. But with Strider out, that seems impossible now. I'm already back in the bottom 4.

Right now I can't even add anyone to replace the IL guys.
                              Last edited by DJRadar; 04-12-2024, 07:35 PM.

Comment

I want to win this year given the keepers I had. But with Strider out, that seems impossible now. I'm already back in the bottom 4.

Right now I can't even add anyone to replace the IL guys.
                                Based on that attitude, you're right, you will never win the league.

You have a bad 2 weeks...time to punt. A rookie has a bad first month or 2 to his career, you want to deal him (hello Grayson Rodriguez). Spending auction dollars on a 2nd catcher in a 1 catcher league.
                                If Henry Davis has C eligibility already, deal Adley.

Tatis is a top 5 fantasy asset. That should garner a massive haul, not just one $1 prospect but multiple no brainer keepers. If you do not get a haul, then you just keep him for the next 3-4 years. I would not trade him. If you do it should be a trade where you do not have to ask if it's a good deal.

Comment

Working...
                                X