Strider for Chourio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Strider for Chourio

16-team, 6x6 (AVG, HR, R, RBI, SB-CS, BB-K and W, SV+HD, IP, K, ERA, WHIP)
    $260 auction budget
    $400 in-season cap
    keep 6 major / 5 minor
    +$3 first 3 years, +$6 after that
    Projected 2024 Keeper

C - Rutschman $16/2nd year
    1B - Drury $13
    2B - Dubon $10
    3B - Westburg $1
    SS - Witt $8/2nd year
    CI - Chapman $18
    MI - Busch $5/minors​​​
    OF - Springer $37
    OF - Vaughn $26
    OF - Keirmaier $10
    OF - McKinstry $10
    OF - Tatis $29/5th year
    DH - Wisdom $1
    P - Fried $31
    P - Robertson $4
    P - Chapman $10
    P - Payampas $10
    P - Greene $11/2nd year
    P - Berrios $18/1st year
    P - Michael King $10
    P - Merrill Kelly $8/1st year
    P - Logan Allen $10
    BN - Bradley $5
    BN - Felix Bautista $15
    BN - Ryne Nelson $1
    BN - Rocchio $1
    BN - Chris Taylor $5
    BN - Varsho $16/1st year
    BN - Melendez $20
    DL - Yastrzemski $5
    DL - Pratto $10
    DL - Springs $13/1st year
    MN - Luisangel Acuna $1/minors
    MN - Joey Ortiz $1
    MN - Jackson Chourio $4/minors​​​​
    MN - Bassallo $10/minors
    MN - ​Walcott $10/minors

Been offered Strider $16/2nd year and Ragans $8/1st year for Chourio and Busch. Thoughts fom the RJ crowd?

I'd do that in a heartbeat. When you can get arguably the best pitcher in baseball, and another guy with a lot of helium who could be a top 30 arm, I think you have to pay up what you have to. Chourio could be elite, but he is a prosect. Busch could be really good, but he too, a prospect. You know what you are getting on the other side of the deal and is the best pitcher in baseball and a kid who has top 30 sp upside. Then try to flip Berrios and Kelly for prospects to replace the two you lost, or just nab new ones. With so few prospect spots, there are plenty of high upside options available. With so few prospect spots, and so much prospect talent, I'd almost always move them for massive major leaguer keeper upgrades like you are getting here.

Comment

Yeah, I would do that deal. Strider is still only 25 years old and has already established himself. A bird in the hand is worth two in the Busch.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I'm going to disagree with the crowd here. I don't think it's a bad deal by any means but chourio has the chance to be really special and pitchers (especially high velo ones) break. Chourio got the big contract so his playing time is all but guaranteed this season. His tools are loud and he could easily be a 6 or 7 year keeper, there's no pitcher you can say that about. Also, lets not discount busch, he's out of the dodgers org and should get the PT to prove his bat. I could deal a bat like busch for a pitcher but with the upside of chourio, I just couldn't do it.

Comment

Everyone except the defending and multiple time champ says to take it. He says Chourio is more valuable and it's a horrible offer.

Comment

I'd take the Strider/Ragans side

Comment

Originally posted by DJRadar View Post
              Everyone except the defending and multiple time champ says to take it. He says Chourio is more valuable and it's a horrible offer.
              I get the Chourio love and the argument for passing, but anyone calling an offer of a cheap Strider and Ragans for two prospects a horrible offer is being hyperbolic or has an agenda. I don't know how anyone can label an offer where you are getting arguably the best pitcher in the game for $16 and another top 30 arm for $8 for any pair of prospects as "horrible."

Comment

Made that trade. Locks up 5 of my 6 keepers Adley, Witt, Tatis, Strider, Ragans.

Been offered either:
                Christian Walker $11/2nd, McLain $13/1st, and Joe Ryan $7/1st for Witt
                Vlad $22/5th and Kirby $11/2nd for Witt

They're both no, correct?

And who would you make my 6th keeper?

Comment

Made that trade. Locks up 5 of my 6 keepers Adley, Witt, Tatis, Strider, Ragans.

Been offered either:
                  Christian Walker $11/2nd, McLain $13/1st, and Joe Ryan $7/1st for Witt
                  Vlad $22/5th and Kirby $11/2nd for Witt

They're both no, correct?

And who would you make my 6th keeper?
                  No and no on the two trade offers.

As the final keeper, I would take the 25 year-old Greene ($11), who has the higher ceiling, over the 35 year old Kelly ($8), who probably has the higher floor this year. Kelly is at the baseball age where you have to start wondering if this is or was his last good year. And I don't see much profit potential with an $18 Berrios.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Been offered Drew Gilbert $10 for King. Is he projected to be in SD's rotation? Would Roman Anthony $10 be better?

Comment

Is Gilbert $10 worth King, who I don't plan to keep? I have the top pick in our minors draft, which gives me Langford at least. If I only keep 3 - Acuna, Walcott, Bassallo - what other FYP would you take with the other pick over Gilbert?

Comment

Langford over King definitely. King is no slouch though, but $10 is probably ok but not great price. I am not super excited about Gilbert but he could be ok.

Comment

Is Gilbert $10 worth King, who I don't plan to keep? I have the top pick in our minors draft, which gives me Langford at least. If I only keep 3 - Acuna, Walcott, Bassallo - what other FYP would you take with the other pick over Gilbert?
                          What do you mean what other FYP? What picks do you have? Obviously you are taking Yamamoto or Langford with the 1st pick in the FYPD, are you asking about your pick in the 2nd round? Not clear on the question honestly

Comment

Why would you trade for a player you will not keep in 2024? Or do you mean 2025?

FYP Rank
                            1a: Yamamoto
                            1b: Langford
                            3: Skenes​

― Albert Einstein

Comment

I misunderstood our league rules. I always thought we back-filled the minors draft, but we don't. To have the top pick (and Langford) i can't keep any of my minors. I'm fairly confident i can redraft Bassallo and Walcott probably. Yamamoto is eligible for our auction so I know he won't be available.

Comment

Working...
                              X