2K15: Paul Goldschmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DMT View Post
    Several others, such as? And no way would I take Rizzo over Goldschmidt, and that's taking nothing away from Rizzo. I agree with Bodz and Revo, Goldschmidt has become a roto stud.
    I don't think that you can rule some of the vets out of the conversation quite yet...Pujols is playing hurt, and he's still got decent numbers, given a decent rest he should still produce like he did last season. Mark Trumbo is quietly having a very good season. Adrian Gonzales is hitting .345 with 26 RBI and a .397 OBP. Rizzo's numbers are almost identical to Goldschmidt (OBP is a fair bit lower) with the same amount of steals.

So while Goldy is certainly rounding into a roto stud, he's not the cream of the crop quite yet.
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
      I don't think that you can rule some of the vets out of the conversation quite yet...Pujols is playing hurt, and he's still got decent numbers, given a decent rest he should still produce like he did last season. Mark Trumbo is quietly having a very good season. Adrian Gonzales is hitting .345 with 26 RBI and a .397 OBP. Rizzo's numbers are almost identical to Goldschmidt (OBP is a fair bit lower) with the same amount of steals.

So while Goldy is certainly rounding into a roto stud, he's not the cream of the crop quite yet.
      I have a tough time buying the Trumbo argument given that he has no speed and almost assuredly won't finish with as high an average as Goldschmidt. Rizzo is a maybe, but gosh is he prone to excessive droughts, ay? Pujols feels like he's the 33-35 year-old A-Rod phase where he's pretty good when he'll be on the field, but he's likely going to miss more time than you'd like as a fantasy owner (either that, or he's going to play through the pain and make all his owners miserable).

The best arguments, to me, are for Fielder, Votto, and Rizzo, but I can say unabashedly that my confidence factor in Goldschmidt is as high or higher than all those guys right now. I guess it'd be best to check in in a couple months

Comment

Goldschmidt goes yard with the bases loaded. It was his first career Grand Slam in 18 opportunities
        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

What are you guys' thoughts on Paul Goldschmidt this year? Obviously, he is a big time player but is coming off the hand injury and his lineup in ARZ looks pretty weak. Concerns about RBI this year?
          Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
            What are you guys' thoughts on Paul Goldschmidt this year? Obviously, he is a big time player but is coming off the hand injury and his lineup in ARZ looks pretty weak. Concerns about RBI this year?
            A little, but he's still a slam dunk first rounder in any draft, and I'd go low 30s on him in a NL only.
            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Top 5, not #1.

It's old, but here is a an article on Goldschmidt and Fielder.
              Paul Goldschmidt was having a great season until he got hit by a pitch and broke his wrist in August. He was hitting home runs, had an .300 AVG and was still getting some steals (nine).

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Working...
              X