2K15: Paul Goldschmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K15: Paul Goldschmidt

Paul Goldschmidt seems to be the unstated star of the early season. In the industry mock, he went #45, just ahead of Teixeira and Arian Gonzalez. Bill James gives him a slash line of .283/.375/.501 over 650 PA, with 100+ R and RBI, and a bonus of 15 SB. Yet, if you use the CAIRO projections, AG is #3 among 1B, Tex is #6 and Goldschmidt is #9.

What's up with that?

Since I have both Goldscmidt and Votto in a keeper league, I am set for a really nice Util player this year, and a nut to crack this time next year.

J
    Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

I can honestly say any projection or ranking system that has Goldy behind Teix is one I'm not interested in using. The speed alone makes em no worse than equal and that'd take regression from Goldy which I personally don't see coming.

Comment

My question would be between Goldschmidt and Rizzo.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post

J
        Goldschmidt easily for me. Gonna be a bit more cautious with Rizzo learning from the Hosmer and Lawrie cases.

Comment

J
          According to the mock draft, this is not close. Goldschmidt #46, Rizzo #115.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

According to the mock draft, this is not close. Goldschmidt #46, Rizzo #115.

J
            Maybe people rememeber Rizzo's terrible debut. Maybe they know that the surrounding cast of the Cubs sucks. Maybe it the SB's that Goldy gives. Maybe some have a tendency to focus on just last years stats and Goldschmidt's were pretty good.

Rizzo could be pretty good this year but I would rather have Goldschmidt by a mile.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
              Maybe people rememeber Rizzo's terrible debut. Maybe they know that the surrounding cast of the Cubs sucks. Maybe it the SB's that Goldy gives. Maybe some have a tendency to focus on just last years stats and Goldschmidt's were pretty good.

Rizzo could be pretty good this year but I would rather have Goldschmidt by a mile.
              It could also be that those drafting pre-draft guides and such haven't seen more recent Rizzo scouting reports. Primarily that he fixed the loop in his swing. It can still get long but much more compact than previously seen.

Comment

I agree. I also prefer Goldschmidt, but this seems quite late for Rizzo. I see him as the 3rd best 1B in the NL.

J
                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

I agree. I also prefer Goldschmidt, but this seems quite late for Rizzo. I see him as the 3rd best 1B in the NL.

J
                  So Rizzo is behind
                  Votto and Posey
                  but ahead of
                  A-Gonz
                  Goldschmidt
                  Freeman
                  Craig
                  Howard
                  LaRoche

not really

Comment

J
                    You see Rizzo as the third best NL 1b?

Comment

Pre-surgery I would put Cory Hart plus Ike Davis, Paul Goldschmidt, Freddie Freeman, Adam LaRoche, Garrett Jones, Allen Craig, and AGon ahead of Rizzo.
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                        So Rizzo is behind
                        Votto and Posey
                        but ahead of
                        A-Gonz
                        Goldschmidt
                        Freeman
                        Craig
                        Howard
                        LaRoche

not really
                        Rare is the owner that would prefer to play Posey at first base rather than at catcher.

Comment

Originally posted by BigJonEmpire View Post
                          Rare is the owner that would prefer to play Posey at first base rather than at catcher.
                          Yeah, I don't even rank Posey, Santana, or Mauer as 1Bs. I'll NEVER play them there. You're not getting any advantage with 3 Cs in your daily lineup so I'm not sure why they're ranked at those secondary on some sites. Honestly they should rank them lower with an asterisk and explain that if you're putting them at 1B and housing 3 Cs, you're destroying their value.

Comment

The commish of my main league ALWAYS plays multi-position guys at their rarer position, even catchers at 1B. I've never pointed out to him how stupid that is, since it hurts him, not me.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                              So Rizzo is behind
                              Votto and Posey
                              but ahead of
                              A-Gonz
                              Goldschmidt
                              Freeman
                              Craig
                              Howard
                              LaRoche

not really
                              Really. Playing full time in Wrigley, I think he makes a pretty obvious argument.

After Votto and Goldschmidt. Posey is a C,Craig is an OF, Howard pancaked. LaRoche and Freeman you can argue. AGonz is the one I forgot.

So, excepting Adrian Gonzalez only, I think it is a defensible statement. It mostly depends on your opinion of LaRoche and Freeman. Even AG is no slam dunk this year.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                              X