2K15: Paul Goldschmidt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    I can understand many on Hornsby's list, but Morneau and even Konerko now is kinda nuts.
    I like Morneau's potential to bounce back to something close to what he was pre-concussion. He's working out full time now and doing baseball related activities, which he could do last off-season. I just like Pauly to bounce back one more time...
    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
    -Warren Ellis

Comment

HQ likes Goldy, 24-16, over Davis in NL 5x5, mainly due to extra 18 R and extra 12 SB.
      similar Triple Crown projections, though
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
        And did you ever hear of an athlete who said that he wasn't 100% ready to play?
        I remember Rickey Henderson taking Rickey out of the lineup because Rickey wasn't mentally ready to play.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
          Two week avatar bet based on $ earned, assuming both get over 500 PAs. Sound good?
          Done deal...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
            I remember Rickey Henderson taking Rickey out of the lineup because Rickey wasn't mentally ready to play.

And there was always Derek "Operation Shutdown" Bell.

Comment

Done deal...
              woo woo - A little friendly wager - I like to see that-

A nice jayhawk logo for ElD would look good - I gotta think what Hornsby should be sporting for a logo

Comment

Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
                woo woo - A little friendly wager - I like to see that-

A nice jayhawk logo for ElD would look good - I gotta think what Hornsby should be sporting for a logo
                Not sure on Hornsby, but elD should have to wear a M.A.D.D. logo as his avatar!
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

Does it scare anyone that Goldy had 18 SBs last year, which hugely impacts his value for this year, and he had 18 SBs in his entire 3 year minor league career?

Comment

Does it scare anyone that Goldy had 18 SBs last year, which hugely impacts his value for this year, and he had 18 SBs in his entire 3 year minor league career?
                    I can't fathom anyone would expect him to achieve those numbers again. I'm hoping for 10+ as a Goldie owner, but I have him projected for 8 as a fairly safe number for my team. If he does manage to hit the high teens again, it will be a great bonus, but I'm more interested in his power projection at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                      I can't fathom anyone would expect him to achieve those numbers again. I'm hoping for 10+ as a Goldie owner, but I have him projected for 8 as a fairly safe number for my team. If he does manage to hit the high teens again, it will be a great bonus, but I'm more interested in his power projection at this point.
                      He seems to have done the opposite of what kids normally do when they hit the majors. His power was down, steals up, strikeout rate down. Not sure what to make of him.

Comment

If your draft was held today, what first basemen are you taking ahead of Goldschmidt? Any of them? Is he injecting himself into 2014 first round discussion yet, or is it too soon to think about that?

Comment

If your draft was held today, what first basemen are you taking ahead of Goldschmidt? Any of them? Is he injecting himself into 2014 first round discussion yet, or is it too soon to think about that?
                          Gotta admit that I was wrong about Goldy and Ike, but I think that there's a few other 1st basemen that I'd take over him...Prince, Votto, and several others that are on a par, such as Rizzo. I'd say lets see where they all are at the halfway point before we can really look a year ahead.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

I'd still take Votto and Fielder ahead of him, but that's about it. Yes, he's fast becoming a 2k14 1st rounder.

Comment

I'd still take Votto and Fielder ahead of him, but that's about it. Yes, he's fast becoming a 2k14 1st rounder.
                              Fielder's the easy answer, but I'm actually starting to wonder about Votto's fantasy value now that he's gone into bozo land with his walks at the expense of his power. I no longer think he's capable of driving in 100 RBI (or maybe even 90), and that coupled with a home run total closer to 20 than to 30 makes me wonder if Goldschmidt has a decided edge on him -- especially if Goldschmidt is going to swipe 15+.

Comment

Gotta admit that I was wrong about Goldy and Ike, but I think that there's a few other 1st basemen that I'd take over him...Prince, Votto, and several others that are on a par, such as Rizzo. I'd say lets see where they all are at the halfway point before we can really look a year ahead.
                                Several others, such as? And no way would I take Rizzo over Goldschmidt, and that's taking nothing away from Rizzo. I agree with Bodz and Revo, Goldschmidt has become a roto stud.
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X