Closer Watch: 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• its somewhat official

The Dodgers will use a committee of closers until Jonathan Broxton rights himself per Colletti.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      its somewhat official

The Dodgers will use a committee of closers until Jonathan Broxton rights himself per Colletti.
      Padilla and Kuo according to some Twitter person.

Comment

• Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
        Padilla and Kuo according to some Twitter person.
        According to RotoWorld, the Dodgers brass "hinted" that it would be a committee of mostly Padilla and Kuo after he returns. I didn't see any quotes. I'm not sure how you "hint" that it will be Padillo and Kuo without actually saying it will be Padilla and Kuo.

Comment

• nudge-nudge, wink-wink, say no more.
          I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
            According to RotoWorld, the Dodgers brass "hinted" that it would be a committee of mostly Padilla and Kuo after he returns. I didn't see any quotes. I'm not sure how you "hint" that it will be Padillo and Kuo without actually saying it will be Padilla and Kuo.
            We like the intangibles that we get from the Korean and Mexican pitchers on our team... I think that personality would fit will in the late innings

Comment

Has Jansen sucked that bad that they may use Padilla as a closer? ugh!

Comment

• Cant see how it would be Padilla. That guy is always hurt.
                After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Originally posted by griswold View Post
                  yes. His numbers are ugly thus far.

Comment

In a word; yes. He is striking out more than a batter an inning but he's also giving up more than a hit an inning and close to a walk an inning.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      In a word; yes. He is striking out more than a batter an inning but he's also giving up more than a hit an inning and close to a walk an inning.
                      He did look really good in his last outing (1-2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 4 K's). (...said the unhappy owner of Kenley Jansen)

Comment

• The whole thing is a mess. Kuo and Padilla are like glass. Janson isnt ready and Brox has gone Hughes on us. I dont really see Guerrier as a solid option either. If theyre in contention, they might need to go outside the organization but prolly cant take on much salary. Or can they? Texas did last year when MLB was in charge, right?

Comment

The whole thing is a mess. Kuo and Padilla are like glass. Janson isnt ready and Brox has gone Hughes on us. I dont really see Guerrier as a solid option either. If theyre in contention, they might need to go outside the organization but prolly cant take on much salary. Or can they? Texas did last year when MLB was in charge, right?
                          Jansen is totally ready. Didn't you see his last outing? 1-2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 4 K's. He's turned the corner and is ready to step in......said the unhappy owner of Kenley Jansen. :-)

Comment

Jansen is totally ready. Didn't you see his last outing? 1-2/3 IP, 0 H, 0 BB, 4 K's. He's turned the corner and is ready to step in......said the unhappy owner of Kenley Jansen. :-)
                            Yeah, if it isn't obvious I'm the owner of Jansen and just lost Contreras as my 2nd closer.....I really need Jansen to step up and be the man that many thought he'd be.

Comment

Yeah, if it isn't obvious I'm the owner of Jansen and just lost Contreras as my 2nd closer.....I really need Jansen to step up and be the man that many thought he'd be.
                              So then it's official. Jansen is the new closer. Spread the good word.

Comment

Texas did last year when MLB was in charge, right?
                                They did, but probably because everyone knew where everything stood and the official transfer of ownership was soon to be complete. That's not the case here right now.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X