Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
    8 days a week
    And twice on every of those 8 days, by jove. I think Paulino's interesting, but I think Erasmo is good and ready to be good in the majors immediately.

Comment

Harang and the bullpen really crapped the bed tonight against the Angels, and the M's had to burn through a bunch of arms to get through the game. I'd imagine they will be demoting some people tomorrow to call up some fresh arms. And I'd place odds on Erasmo being called up at 50/50 as Zduriencik's and Wedge's jobs are on the line at this point. Where you might have seen them hang on to Harang as a starter for a bit longer in a normal year, being on the hot seat has a way of expediting these moves. If Erasmo is called up, look for Harang to be sent to the bullpen.

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
        Harang and the bullpen really crapped the bed tonight against the Angels, and the M's had to burn through a bunch of arms to get through the game. I'd imagine they will be demoting some people tomorrow to call up some fresh arms. And I'd place odds on Erasmo being called up at 50/50 as Zduriencik's and Wedge's jobs are on the line at this point. Where you might have seen them hang on to Harang as a starter for a bit longer in a normal year, being on the hot seat has a way of expediting these moves. If Erasmo is called up, look for Harang to be sent to the bullpen.
        Wouldn't they call up bullpen arms temporarily even if they are having Erasmo take over the rotation spot, and then call him up when he is going to pitch?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
          Wouldn't they call up bullpen arms temporarily even if they are having Erasmo take over the rotation spot, and then call him up when he is going to pitch?
          That's what it looks like they did today, when they released Bonderman. I think the open spot in the rotation for Thursday lines up with Erasmo's rest from his last AAA start, so maybe it will be him.

Comment

Recalled and starting Thursday vs. LAA.

Comment

Hell yeah!!!

Comment

Would you drop Stults or Jacob Turner to pick up Erasmo?
                "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                  Would you drop Stults or Jacob Turner to pick up Erasmo?
                  Probably. Stults is basically only a part-time player (you only start him at home) and Turner's success up till now is predicated almost entirely on all the "luck" categories (LOB%, HR/FB, and BABIP). I'd roll the dice on Erasmo over either of those guys (with the caveat being that I'm a little worried about Erasmo's arm for the long haul).

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                    Probably. Stults is basically only a part-time player (you only start him at home) and Turner's success up till now is predicated almost entirely on all the "luck" categories (LOB%, HR/FB, and BABIP). I'd roll the dice on Erasmo over either of those guys (with the caveat being that I'm a little worried about Erasmo's arm for the long haul).
                    Thanks Bodz..I'm not worried about the long haul..just the next 3 months
                    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Recalled and starting Thursday vs. LAA.
                      Actually, no, the Mariners recalled Luetge when they designated Bonderman for assignment. Wedge also just said someone from Tacoma would be called up to start Thursday. It is expected to be Erasmo on Thursday, he pitched last Friday and would be on one extra day's rest. However, Maurer pitched Saturday and would be on regular rest. He's not pitching that well at AAA, however, and that wouldn't make much sense. Given the GM's earlier comment that Erasmo would be up soon, it will likely be him, but it is not 100%.

Comment

Any word on whether he'll be up to start tomorrow?
                        12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                        1B-Cron
                        2B- Villar
                        SS- Andrus
                        3B-Baez
                        MI-L. Gurriel
                        CI- Y.Gurriel
                        OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                        UTIL- Benintendi
                        BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                        SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                        RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                        IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                          Any word on whether he'll be up to start tomorrow?
                          Doesn't look like it, that guy TBA is taking the hill.......is he a righty or lefty???
                          Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
                            Doesn't look like it, that guy TBA is taking the hill.......is he a righty or lefty???
                            TBA is awesome & a fan fave in Tacoma. T-shirts with his nickname -- "The Acronym" -- have been a HUGE seller.
                            12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                            1B-Cron
                            2B- Villar
                            SS- Andrus
                            3B-Baez
                            MI-L. Gurriel
                            CI- Y.Gurriel
                            OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                            UTIL- Benintendi
                            BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                            SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                            RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                            IL: Buxton

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
                              Actually, no, the Mariners recalled Luetge when they designated Bonderman for assignment. Wedge also just said someone from Tacoma would be called up to start Thursday. It is expected to be Erasmo on Thursday, he pitched last Friday and would be on one extra day's rest. However, Maurer pitched Saturday and would be on regular rest. He's not pitching that well at AAA, however, and that wouldn't make much sense. Given the GM's earlier comment that Erasmo would be up soon, it will likely be him, but it is not 100%.
                              Recalled and starting today.

Comment

4IP...5ER...7HITS...2BB...3K...loss

Comment

Working...
                                X