2K14 - Erasmo Ramirez

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2K14 - Erasmo Ramirez

My thoughts http://www.rotowire.com/baseball/sho...e.htm?id=16403 (free)

I kinda like this guy too. We'll see if the fence changes actually have a meaningful impact. The strategy of rostering all the non-Felix M's starters for $10 might not be viable any more.

Does Erasimo have a spot in the rotation for sure? After Felix/Vargas/Iwakuma, the last 2 spots will come down to any FAs they sign, plus Erasimo, Blake Beaven, Hector Noesi, and all the prospects (Hultzen, Walker, Paxton).

Comment

"Overall, hitters hit just .168 off Strasburg's changeup and slugged just .248, which is close to what the Yankees hit as a team in the postseason."

Cold-blooded, Jason, but hilarious.

Getting back to the subject--Be warned. I own Ramirez in two leagues and probably will keep him. That is not a point in his favor.
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

USSM is reporting that Garland and Beavan will be the final two in the rotation behind Felix, Saunders, and Iwakuma. Erasmo will begin the year in the minors. This just in: the M's organization is still really stupid. Erasmo is probably the second or third best pitcher on the team right now behind Felix and maybe Iwakuma. I hate being an M's fan

Comment

Sweet, I should be able to get him super cheap in my draft this weekend! Unfortunately my nemesis in my keeper league has some fluff he can drop off his minor league roster so this only hurts him because he has to wait for Ramirez to be called up.
          "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
            USSM is reporting that Garland and Beavan will be the final two in the rotation behind Felix, Saunders, and Iwakuma. Erasmo will begin the year in the minors. This just in: the M's organization is still really stupid. Erasmo is probably the second or third best pitcher on the team right now behind Felix and maybe Iwakuma. I hate being an M's fan
            Or USSM just has bad sources. Now Rotoworld from Shannon Drayer (I have no idea who he/she is) is reporting that Garland will be released pursuant to the opt-out in his contract because he won't make the team.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
              Or USSM just has bad sources. Now Rotoworld from Shannon Drayer (I have no idea who he/she is) is reporting that Garland will be released pursuant to the opt-out in his contract because he won't make the team.
              Drayer is a M's blogger and clubhouse reporter.

Here's the story she posted yesterday regarding Garland.

http://mynorthwest.com/374/2234164/G...n-down-to-four
              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

And now Garland has officially been released. Not stupid Mariners, just stupid sources. That being said, apparently everyone in my main league read Jason's piece and he went for way more than I had.

Comment

According to Ryan Divish of the Tacoma News Tribune...

It's looking more and more like Erasmo Ramirez won't be in the Mariners starting rotation on opening day.

Comment

So now who in the world is going to be the 5th starter? Man the Mariners are dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                      so now who in the world is going to be the 5th starter? Man the mariners are dumb.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/marine...rotation-race/
                      !#$!@#$!@#$!@#$!%!@$#!@#$%!#@$!@#$ a-holes

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        So now who in the world is going to be the 5th starter? Man the Mariners are dumb.

http://blogs.seattletimes.com/marine...rotation-race/
                        Maurer
                        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

Whoa. Umm, so what can you tell me about Maurer? Don't know anything about the guy.

He's 22, he has a good Seattle hipster beard, and he likes comic books:

But mention superheroes and Maurer starts to crack. When a television reporter asked Maurer after his Cactus League outing Tuesday night whether the Big 3 should be renamed "The Fantastic Four" and include him, he finally bit.

"I want to be The Torch, if anyone asks," he deadpanned.

It took a moment for the reporter to realize Maurer was referencing one of the four characters from the comic-book series and movie. She quickly recovered and asked him which characters the other Big 3 pitchers would play.

"Probably, Hultzen would be the Jessica Alba," Maurer said, referring to the actress who plays the female superhero. "Taijuan (Walker) as the stretchy guy and then The Thing could be Pax (Paxton). Yeah, we'll go with that."
                          What you were looking for wasn't found. Maybe we can help you figure out where to go.

Comment

Originally posted by SlideRule View Post
                            Whoa. Umm, so what can you tell me about Maurer? Don't know anything about the guy.

He's 22, he has a good Seattle hipster beard, and he likes comic books:

http://seattletimes.com/html/mariner...ariners21.html
                            lol, thats awesome. Keith Law has been saying Seattle should use Maurer now before he gets injured due to his delivery. Grain of salt though... Law says a lot of pitchers are headed to injury... and it just so happens that a lot of pitchers get hurt.

Comment

Sickels likes him. Rates him as a top 100 prospect. Doesn't mention a scary delivery.

Comment

Working...
                              X