No announcement yet.

2k13: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mo is one clean out away from having a WHIP of exactly 1 for his career.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Alex Rodriguez still winning friends. From Rotoworld--

"The New York Times reports that Alex Rodriguez sued Major League Baseball Thursday, accusing it of buying the cooperation of Biogenesis founder Anthony Bosch.
      The lawsuit claims that MLB paid Bosch $5 million for his cooperation and purchased stolen documents for $150,000. It was Bosch's cooperation, of course, that helped result in A-Rod's 211-game suspension for his connection with the infamous clinic. A-Rod began the appeal of his suspension on Monday at MLB headquarters in New York, but the lawsuit filed against MLB is a separate matter."

Can the legal eagles here enlighten me on this? Is there an advantage in his filing suit before the arbitrator has made a ruling? is this pure public relations?
      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
      -- William James

Comment

• Dodgers say they aren't interested in pursuing Cano. Are there any other serious suitors? Cashman must be feeling like it's Christmas morning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          Alex Rodriguez still winning friends. From Rotoworld--

"The New York Times reports that Alex Rodriguez sued Major League Baseball Thursday, accusing it of buying the cooperation of Biogenesis founder Anthony Bosch.
          The lawsuit claims that MLB paid Bosch $5 million for his cooperation and purchased stolen documents for $150,000. It was Bosch's cooperation, of course, that helped result in A-Rod's 211-game suspension for his connection with the infamous clinic. A-Rod began the appeal of his suspension on Monday at MLB headquarters in New York, but the lawsuit filed against MLB is a separate matter."

Can the legal eagles here enlighten me on this? Is there an advantage in his filing suit before the arbitrator has made a ruling? is this pure public relations?
          Legal Eagles please chime in. Another part of this has me baffled as well: If MLB suspected that Biogenesis had documentation that would clearly show A-Rod broke league rules/lied/etc, why would it be against the law if MLB had the financial resources and wherewithall to purchase Biogensis and thereby obtain the documentation that they would then own and have rights to."

Comment

• Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post
            Legal Eagles please chime in. Another part of this has me baffled as well: If MLB suspected that Biogenesis had documentation that would clearly show A-Rod broke league rules/lied/etc, why would it be against the law if MLB had the financial resources and wherewithall to purchase Biogensis and thereby obtain the documentation that they would then own and have rights to."
            I would guess it'd have to do with HIPAA laws, but I'll wait and see what the legal experts say.

Comment

• The suit mentions ''destroy the reputation and career of Alex Rodriguez.'' No word yet on whether Rodriguez has included himself in the suit.
              people called me an idiot for burning popcorn in the microwave, but i know the real truth. - nullnor

Comment

• Originally posted by ironfist View Post
                I would guess it'd have to do with HIPAA laws, but I'll wait and see what the legal experts say.
                In order to breach HIPAA law the entity would have to be affiliated with HIPAA, and something tells me BioGenesis was not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Controller Jacobs View Post
                  The suit mentions ''destroy the reputation and career of Alex Rodriguez.'' No word yet on whether Rodriguez has included himself in the suit.
                  Awesome.

We need the "not worthy" smiley back.
                  I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Yankees re-sign skipper Joe Girardi to a 4-year extension.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                      Yankees re-sign skipper Joe Girardi to a 4-year extension.
                      A good move IMO. With all the injuries last year and lack of minor league help, Girardi did well to stay near contention with what management gave him. It's not his fault that management couldn't give him better backups for an aging and deteriorating roster. I'm not saying he's the perfect manager (no one is), but he got mileage from what he had.

Still, I had an amusing and fantastical thought of the Yankees signing Dusty Baker if Girardi left. That would have caused a lot of and among Yankee fans not used to Dusty-speak.
                      Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                      -- William James

Comment

Working...
                      X