2k13: New York Yankees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
    Alfonso is beyond en fuego now. And he just beat the tar out of one of the best pitchers in the AL tonight.
    I can't believe he has almost 400 career HR's. Just yesterday he was a rookie on my fantasy team...
    ---------------------------------------------
    Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
    The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
    George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
      I can't believe he has almost 400 career HR's. Just yesterday he was a rookie on my fantasy team...
      You and me both.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
        You and me both.
        I had too many rookies so I offered Soriano or Dee Brown (KC) for Daryl Kile. The other team opted for Soriano, resulting in possibly my worst trade ever.
        Champagne for breakfast and a Sherman in my hand !
        The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.
        George Orwell, 1984

Comment

• Originally posted by The Feral Slasher View Post
          I had too many rookies so I offered Soriano or Dee Brown (KC) for Daryl Kile. The other team opted for Soriano, resulting in possibly my worst trade ever.
          Dee Brown. Now there's a memory jogger.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I was at the game last night. (Free ticket from college friend). EVERYONE was hitting Weaver hard, even Chris Stewart.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Captain Intangibles activated from the DL today. Any bets on how long he lasts on the active roster this time? Will he make it "all the way" to September, when most teams don't bother with the DL?
              Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
              -- William James

Comment

• From Rotoworld--

"Phil Hughes has been demoted to the bullpen.
                Yankees manager Joe Girardi has hinted at shaking things up, and he made the decision after David Huff threw 5 2/3 innings of one-run relief following Monday's rain delay. It will be Huff that gets the ball on Saturday against the Red Sox. An impending free agent, Hughes holds a 4.86 ERA and 1.41 WHIP over 26 starts this season."

Yes indeed, Hughes and Joba have certainly dominated the league the way Yankee aficionados predicted 5-6-7 years ago...

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                -- William James

Comment

• From Rotoworld--

"Derek Jeter is getting a CT scan on his left ankle.
                  Jeter was lifted from Saturday's loss to the Red Sox after Yankees manager Joe Girardi noticed something wrong with the way he was moving. The veteran shortstop fractured his left ankle last October and could be sidelined for another extended period of time. Eduardo Nunez filled in at shortstop for New York on Saturday."

Jeter hurt again--an easy call.

-- William James

Comment

• From Rotoworld, the obligatory "nothing's really wrong"--

"Yankees manager Joe Girardi said that there has been no consideration given to shutting Derek Jeter (ankle) down.
                    Jeter aggravated his surgically-repaired left ankle Saturday, but a CT scan came back negative and the Yankees are hoping he'll be OK in a few days. Given the nagging injury and Jeter's .190/.288/.254 batting line this season, it's safe to jump ship in fantasy leagues."

Back in June/July, I was thinking of making a push to acquire Jeter in the one league in which I was in contention. Sometimes the best deal is the one you never propose.

-- William James

Comment

• Man I am really worried this is it for Jeter. Hopefully an offseason of rest will clear things up (and maybe they'll find some surgery that will help), but 39 year old guys don't always come back from severe ankle injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Man I am really worried this is it for Jeter. Hopefully an offseason of rest will clear things up (and maybe they'll find some surgery that will help), but 39 year old guys don't always come back from severe ankle injuries.
                        As much as I have always loathed the Yankees (it's genetic), I would like to see Jeter go out on his own terms. I worry that his pride will have him keep trying to make it back when his body says otherwise.

But I think it's worth one more attempt. Not because of the money, nice though it is, but because it's confirmation, one way or the other.

-- William James

Comment

• And on the other end of the class scale from Jeter, from Rotoworld--

"Alex Rodriguez left Tuesday's game against the Orioles with left hamstring tightness.
                          It's apparently not a big deal, as Yankees manager Joe Girardi said that A-Rod could feel well enough to be in the lineup as the DH Wednesday. Rodriguez went 2-for-4 with an RBI double before exiting Tuesday."

-- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
                            And on the other end of the class scale from Jeter, from Rotoworld--

"Alex Rodriguez left Tuesday's game against the Orioles with left hamstring tightness.
                            It's apparently not a big deal, as Yankees manager Joe Girardi said that A-Rod could feel well enough to be in the lineup as the DH Wednesday. Rodriguez went 2-for-4 with an RBI double before exiting Tuesday."
                            The Yankee doctors have to be walking on pins and needles right now while working with him. If ARod thinks they are trying to help the Yankees void his contract, he'll sue them for malpractice to keep collecting those big checks.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Yanks acquire SS Brendan Ryan from the Mariners for a PTBN

Comment

• I do not understand why this move wasn't made last month. Ryan could have been had at any point.

Comment

Working...
                                X