No announcement yet.

Mock #1 Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• get there safely Frank.....We dont want to have to find a sub for you.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• Really wanted Chapman with this pick. I should have taken him instead of Aardsma.

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
        Pete blew me up with the Jurrjens pick earlier.......Oh well....nice grab on a pretty good SP this late Pete.......probably should have taken him over JDLR
        I wish you had, as De La Rosa was #1 on my SP list. Five of my top six SPs have been taken in the last round-plus, and I'm not keen on the one remaining. I think I'll redo my list and see if I can manage some enthusiasm.

The Chapman and Bard picks sucked from that viewpoint, too. I really wanted to get Chapman, but wasn't willing to take another reliever just yet.
        Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
        -- William James

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
          I wish you had, as De La Rosa was #1 on my SP list. Five of my top six SPs have been taken in the last round-plus, and I'm not keen on the one remaining. I think I'll redo my list and see if I can manage some enthusiasm.

The Chapman and Bard picks sucked from that viewpoint, too. I really wanted to get Chapman, but wasn't willing to take another reliever just yet.
          Yuppers...In a perfect world I was hoping to cull Chapman from the herd three rounds later.....These last two rounds have raped, pillaged and gutted whatever plan/lists I had.............good grief - Garrett freaking Jones?

I'm laughing my ass off with the reality I own two thirds of Pirate outfield......I'm ready for a Thorazine cocktail..

Comment

• Originally posted by Frank View Post
            Yuppers...In a perfect world I was hoping to cull Chapman from the herd three rounds later.....These last two rounds have raped, pillaged and gutted whatever plan/lists I had.............good grief - Garrett freaking Jones?

I'm laughing my ass off with the reality I own two thirds of Pirate outfield......I'm ready for a Thorazine cocktail..
            There ARE worse outfields, some by a large margin. If Matt Diaz can recapture his anti-lefties magic of 2007-09, Jones may see much fewer ABs vs. lefties, which would be good for him and you.
            Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
            -- William James

Comment

• Glad you all like the Chapman pick. I wasn't sure I should take him that early but knew he wouldn't last another 40 picks and should provide decent K totals with good ratios in whatever role he ends up with.

Comment

• Slow going so far today...
                Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by DJBeasties View Post
                  Slow going so far today...
                  Yeah been waiting patiently for my turn so far.....
                  Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• Originally posted by Piney Boy View Post
                    Yeah been waiting patiently for my turn so far.....
                    Sorry bud. Just got into the office but I made my pick before I did any work.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      Dedicated man! I like it.
                      Find that level above your head and help you reach it.

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                        As it should be!!!

Comment

• Pavano is a good pick here -- I had passed on him a few times already. One trend I've noticed, besides catchers being undervalued, is that low K/solid win/good WHIP pitchers are also being undervalued. Stuff like that is good to know.....

Comment

• Pavano is undervalued because everyone still remembers how worthless he was when he was with the Yankees.
                            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erik View Post
                              Pavano is undervalued because everyone still remembers how worthless he was when he was with the Yankees.
                              Ow that hurt. Just think I actually traded for him AFTER he went 18-8 with the Marlins and signed with the Yanks. Start of my downfall in that league.
                              Bob- I'm not exactly sure it would ROCK as you say it Byron.. it may be cool, by typical text book descriptions. Your opinion of this is shallow and poorly constructed, but allow me to re-craft your initial thought into something tangable.

Comment

• j_roz:

1. I PM'ed DQ since you said you couldn't.

2. A pox on you for taking Moreland.
                                Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                                We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                                X