I won a Yahoo league!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
    But...the team in second place is whining that since I went past him on the final day thanks to pitchers that put me over the innings limit I should not be awarded first place. I know that sentence sounds like I am making no sense but here is how Yahoo works (and has always worked). You have 1400 innings. Once you reach those innings any future innings in future days do not count towards your stats. On the day you go over you can continue to receive the innings and stats for the rest of day. What I did was make sure that I was a few innings under the limit and then started four pitchers on the last day. Those stats put me at 1419 innings and got me enough points to win. Now the team in second place wants a vote to no allow me those stats. There is no constitution and we've always deferred to the way Yahoo runs the league based on the settings provided so I just don't see how we can do this.

I realize I used the system to my advantage, but there is nothing that says you can't do this, and I've always done this if I needed to. What do you folks think?
    Your league colleague has a point if the rules were not clear or available to all at the beginning.
    I was not aware the innings limit could be manipulated at the end of the season in this way, regardless, I know now and everybody in your league does as well - it's really no big deal as it's a risk/reward strategy which could have backfired as well

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      yep, he and his barfly toadies need to pull up their big girl panties and deal with losing...can't change the rules mid or late-stream
      Mid or late stream is no time to pull up your panties...
      I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Congrats! You did nothing wrong. Do not quit the league. In fact beat his brains out next year.

Did anyone that placed in the money go over innings last year?

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
          Congrats! You did nothing wrong. Do not quit the league. In fact beat his brains out next year.

Did anyone that placed in the money go over innings last year?
          Thanks!

I don't know about last year, I tried to look but I couldn't figure out how to see that on Yahoo's site. They have the past years but the details for the stats aren't very good. They seem to just show the players you owned and their full year stats so I don't see a way to find that information out.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Thanks!

I don't know about last year, I tried to look but I couldn't figure out how to see that on Yahoo's site. They have the past years but the details for the stats aren't very good. They seem to just show the players you owned and their full year stats so I don't see a way to find that information out.
            You should be able to go to the previous year, then click on full standings, and at the bottom, it'll show IP.

Comment

Originally posted by samkillian View Post
              You should be able to go to the previous year, then click on full standings, and at the bottom, it'll show IP.
              Oh duh, that's easy. Thanks.

Looks like I went over by 7.1, the team in third (the last money spot AND commissioner) went over by 18.2 and a team in 5th went over by 7.1 too.

And if you go two years back Sour Grapes finished in second (to me again) went over by 3.1 innings.

So that should pretty much seal the deal.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Oh duh, that's easy. Thanks.

Looks like I went over by 7.1, the team in third (the last money spot AND commissioner) went over by 18.2 and a team in 5th went over by 7.1 too.

And if you go two years back Sour Grapes finished in second (to me again) went over by 3.1 innings.

So that should pretty much seal the deal.
                Yes, yes it does.

Comment

This has been answered so many times for so many years it's rightly considered a Rule of Law.

You win. Next case.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                    This has been answered so many times for so many years it's rightly considered a Rule of Law.

You win. Next case.
                    I can already hear Sour Grapes--

"Well, it's a stupid law and we should ignore it so I can be declared the winner!"
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

Now, good luck with getting paid from Yahoo in a timely manner. I also won a Yahoo public league this year, and have been waiting for them to make the funds available. Their website has indicated all along that this would take between 7-10 business days after the end of the season, which is kind of ridiculous in of itself, but whatever. Today was the 8th business day since the season ended, and I noticed that they have now unilaterally changed their defined timeframe for payouts from 7-10 business days to 10-14 business days. So, it may take almost up to 3 weeks from the end of the season for them to make the funds available to the winners, at which point you have to request the payout from Paypal, and wait another 3-4 business days to receive the funds. So basically, it will take almost a month after the season for Yahoo to pay the money to those that they owe, and that's if they don't decide to change the payout timeframe again just because they can. Total BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Skrappy1 View Post
                        Now, good luck with getting paid from Yahoo in a timely manner. I also won a Yahoo public league this year, and have been waiting for them to make the funds available. Their website has indicated all along that this would take between 7-10 business days after the end of the season, which is kind of ridiculous in of itself, but whatever. Today was the 8th business day since the season ended, and I noticed that they have now unilaterally changed their defined timeframe for payouts from 7-10 business days to 10-14 business days. So, it may take almost up to 3 weeks from the end of the season for them to make the funds available to the winners, at which point you have to request the payout from Paypal, and wait another 3-4 business days to receive the funds. So basically, it will take almost a month after the season for Yahoo to pay the money to those that they owe, and that's if they don't decide to change the payout timeframe again just because they can. Total BS.
                        That is total BS and I wish you the best of luck getting your money, I'm sure you will. We handle money outside of Yahoo. I do know that not everyone had paid up prior to the end of the season so I'm not sure when all the money will be paid out. I am still not sure what I'm getting, I'm assuming I am getting the first place money until I'm told differently.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

People seem to feel that 1400 IP is the limit and you can't go over that. But that is not how the league is set up.

I think it's total BS, you can't change how things are done after the fact. I know I am going to get screwed.
                          Just now reading this thread. If you get screwed, it's an insta-quit situation. They're not only wrong, they're dense. This is a pretty popular tactic in Y! and ESPN leagues.

Comment

Here is exactly what the guy wrote, sorry there is no punctuation, but that's how he wrote it.
                            Why did he even bother putting no sour grapes since that is 1000000% what it is?

Comment

Now he posted this.

mellky cabrerra could have stayed in and by rule win batting title but he did the right thing and stepped aside he knew what was right lets get this right
                              So now he's calling me a cheater. Not cool, not by a long shot, especially when I didn't cheat.
                              Tell him to kill himself. Good lord.

Comment

What an assclown. Reply with a copy-and-paste of the rules. If he replies he will just be digging the hole deeper.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X