2K14: Billy Hamilton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
    There's a much better study of this issue in The Book by Tango, Lichtman, Dolphin.
    Welcome back, Mike!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sharky View Post
      Welcome back, Mike!
      Hey, I am around here quite a lot, actually. I just choose not to comment on a lot of the baseball stuff. (Or, I write up a comment, then realize I shouldn't post that on a public website, and delete it.)
      "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by eldiablo505
        Tell us: Billy Hamilton, overrated or no?
        I think it's amazing that he already had 69 steals last season.
        "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
          I think it's amazing that he already had 69 steals last season.
          Translation: Since he can't steal first base, it's amazing if he gets 69 AB above AAA ball.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• It's official...he's up Monday. I'll put the Over/Under on season steals at 17.5.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• .256 AVG in AAA, and stole 75 for 90 against AAA catchers and pitchers in 5 months, or 15 for 18 per month while playing every day

but he will still MORE bases in Sept against tougher competition while maybe not starting?
              granted that with a .308 AAA OBP, pinch-running at least gets him to first base
              but I doubt the NL Cs are terrified of this guy, either....
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                .256 AVG in AAA, and stole 75 for 90 against AAA catchers and pitchers in 5 months, or 15 for 18 per month while playing every day

but he will still MORE bases in Sept against tougher competition while maybe not starting?
                granted that with a .308 AAA OBP, pinch-running at least gets him to first base
                but I doubt the NL Cs are terrified of this guy, either....
                I'm interested to see him attempt to steal on the Pirates' Russell Martin, who has one of the better throwing arms among catchers. The Pirates and Reds play each other 6 more times in the final 9 games.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  It's official...he's up Monday. I'll put the Over/Under on season steals at 17.5.
                  I will take the under. He is averaging 14 a month so far. Moving to better competition and getting less playing time would indicate that he wouldn't out perform what he has done thus far.

I hope I am wrong though. I own him and am in 2nd in the steals category so hopefully he can make up the difference for me in the next month.

Comment

• I'm not saying it couldn't happen, but I don't see Dusty as the kind of manager who'll know how to deploy this new "weapon".
                    Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                    -- William James

Comment

• came in as a pinch runner - stole second and scored the only run of the game

could be interesting

Comment

• and like Dee Gordon, more value if he pinch-runs only and doesn't bat!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• thanks, el D, but to be fair to Hamilton, we don't know yet.

but so far the previous career stuff is indeed similar.

and kind of funny that I sold high on Gordon a few yrs ago and now bought low this yr as a FA and hope he can win me some extra money!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• brought in again to steal a base and score a tieing run.

I dont think that he played the field or batted yet - and not sure if/when he will

Comment

• So if he never plays the field in the majors, what is his position eligibility next year? Does it revert to what he did in the minors? There are some leagues where it would not, but this is an unprecedented situation.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                So if he never plays the field in the majors, what is his position eligibility next year? Does it revert to what he did in the minors? There are some leagues where it would not, but this is an unprecedented situation.
                                Not unprecedented. There have been guys who've batted only, never played in the field. Most leagues go with the minor league eligibility, some use common sense, some get legalistic and say "DH/UT only until he establishes major league eligibility".

However, some time soon, I may review the rules for my leagues just in case this may be an issue. Better to have a rule in place than to have to ask the league owners or the commissioner to make a ruling.
                                Only the madman is absolutely sure. -Robert Anton Wilson, novelist (1932-2007)

Faith is believing what you know ain't so. -Mark Twain, author and humorist (1835-1910)

A great many people think they are thinking when they are merely rearranging their prejudices.
                                -- William James

Comment

Working...
                                X