Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brett Lawrie likely to miss a few games ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Lawrie likely to miss a few games ...

he just got tossed from the game in the 9th (bad 3rd strike call), turned around to yell at the ump, & slammed his helmet on the ground which then hit the ump - not hard, but still, I suspect a suspension is coming.
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
    he just got tossed from the game in the 9th (bad 3rd strike call), turned around to yell at the ump, & slammed his helmet on the ground which then hit the ump - not hard, but still, I suspect a suspension is coming.
    It was a bad call. The ump looked surprised when the helmet hit him and then exploded.

Comment

I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

5 games at a minimum, IMO.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Thanks for the video Bucky. Wow! Even if Lawrie wasn't trying to hit the ump, he definitely tried to slam the helmet close to the ump's feet. That was not a smart move by Lawrie. As a Lawrie owner, i fear that the suspension is going to be a lot more than 5 games. Damn!

However, it is funny reading the lips of the umpire.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like roid rage to me!

I would not be surprised at 10 games.
            Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
            We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

If Harper did that there would be a feeding frenzy. Very aggressive move by Lawrie, kid did a wind up and slammed the helmet not more than a few inches away from ump. No kidding it hit the guy. Has to be a 7 game suspension, imo.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                Thanks for the video Bucky. Wow! Even if Lawrie wasn't trying to hit the ump, he definitely tried to slam the helmet close to the ump's feet. That was not a smart move by Lawrie. As a Lawrie owner, i fear that the suspension is going to be a lot more than 5 games. Damn!

However, it is funny reading the lips of the umpire.
                What's missing from the video is the prior pitch, which Lawrie also thought was out of the zone and started heading to first, only to show outrage at the call when he came back to the plate.

Both were bad calls by the ump, but not sure a rookie should be dictating the strike zone.

7-10 games for Lawrie, IMO.

Comment

Agreed. Reading the ump's lips was the best part! I'm pretty sure he said "I see your point, Brett!"

Comment

3-1 pitch was WAAAAAY outside. With 1 out in the 9th, umps should not be making that call. 3-2 was closer, but still above the letters.

Pathetic. It's not even an issue of homerism for me. If you watched that 9th inning, you'd conclude that there's no way Bill Miller should still have a job. Look at where the pitches are on pitch f/x.
                    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Originally posted by Teenwolf View Post
                      3-1 pitch was WAAAAAY outside. With 1 out in the 9th, umps should not be making that call. 3-2 was closer, but still above the letters.

Pathetic. It's not even an issue of homerism for me. If you watched that 9th inning, you'd conclude that there's no way Bill Miller should still have a job. Look at where the pitches are on pitch f/x.
                      Even if all of that is 100% accurate, MLB absolutely has to suspend Lawrie for a minimum of five games.

Comment

Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                        Even if all of that is 100% accurate, MLB absolutely has to suspend Lawrie for a minimum of five games.
                        yep but when are the umps going to start being held accountable?
                        If I whisper my wicked marching orders into the ether with no regard to where or how they may bear fruit, I am blameless should a broken spirit carry those orders out upon the innocent, for it was not my hand that took the action merely my lips which let slip their darkest wish. ~Daniel Devereaux 2011

Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity.
                        Martin Luther King, Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                          Well for once we agree on something. I don't condone Lawrie's actions, but that ump called that a strike because he was shown up and wanted to show up the player right back. That's just as bad or worse than having a little tantrum.

Comment

Originally posted by GwynnInTheHall View Post
                            I think they are constantly evaluated, with impacts on plum post-season assignments, and sometimes firings.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              What's missing from the video is the prior pitch, which Lawrie also thought was out of the zone and started heading to first, only to show outrage at the call when he came back to the plate.

Both were bad calls by the ump, but not sure a rookie should be dictating the strike zone.

7-10 games for Lawrie, IMO.
                              That pitch was even worse than the strike three call.

Comment

Working...
                              X