No announcement yet.

SF Giants notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting a beatdown on Lincecum almost makes up for getting shut down by Barry Zito...
    "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
    "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."
    "The question is," said Humpty Dumpty, "which is to be master - that's all."

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
      I think they can be average. If Pagan stays healthy and Melky stays hot, coupled with a return of Posey, the normal crew of Sandoval and Huff et al should be able to near league-average, and WAY better than it has been the past few years.
      You are forgetting that any decent performance by Melky is purely a mirage and that he is a hopelessly bad baseball player.

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
        You are forgetting that any decent performance by Melky is purely a mirage and that he is a hopelessly bad baseball player.
        This is the Giants. A mirage of a good hitter is better than what we've had for years. You know they are bad when my outrageous statement was that they could be average.

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
          Putting a beatdown on Lincecum almost makes up for getting shut down by Barry Zito...
          His control is there but his velocity isn't. So because he's always been a strike thrower, the lack of velocity is causing his pitches to stay over the zone longer. That's what I've seen from his two starts.

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
            His control is there but his velocity isn't. So because he's always been a strike thrower, the lack of velocity is causing his pitches to stay over the zone longer. That's what I've seen from his two starts.
            Yep. The gun had him topping out at 93 last night. Mark Guthrie was throwing 95! LOL
            "When I use a word," Humpty Dumpty said in rather a scornful tone, "it means just what I choose it to mean - neither more nor less."
            "The question is," said Alice, "whether you can make words mean so many different things."

Comment

Originally posted by senorsheep View Post
              It was clearly Lincecum's job to tire out the Rockies hitters for MadBum.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Wilson was topping out at 90 mph, start handcuffing guys.....
                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                  He looked like his arm was hurting.

Comment

I think that Casilla was warming up in the 9th. Romo had pitched in the 8th.

Comment

Thank God I paid for Romo in RJEL.

Comment

If he gets shelled by Howard-and-Utley-less Phillies and the Mets in the same week, I may have to bench him. This is not what I paid for.
                        Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                        We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
                          Dude, Timmah....WTF man? Better find yourself some better weed, son.
                          A fastball would be even better. He got through that game on guts and guile alone. Maybe it's just a dead arm instead of an injury, but there's sure nothing there right now.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                            A fastball would be even better. He got through that game on guts and guile alone. Maybe it's just a dead arm instead of an injury, but there's sure nothing there right now.
                            This is my thinking as well. Extreme fatigue maybe. He's been a hard thrower and a mule at a young age.

Does anyone know what his BABIP is so far this year?

Comment

Originally posted by JudeBaldo View Post
                              This is my thinking as well. Extreme fatigue maybe. He's been a hard thrower and a mule at a young age.

Does anyone know what his BABIP is so far this year?

http://www.fangraphs.com/statss.aspx...705&position=P

Comment

I watched his 4/11 start (at Col) on TV, and even my semi-ignorant eyes could see that he wasn't repeating his mechanics, and his release point was horribly inconsistent. This could be due to injury or just not being quite right.

Anyone know how his fastball velocity is compared to last year? If it is on par with last year's fastball velocity, then I'll call Lincecum a big buy low candidate.

Comment

Working...
                                X