No announcement yet.

SF Giants notes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dumb luck that Giants have locked up both Cain and Bum, but opted to not hogtie Giants future to a mega Timmah deal as of yet? The sheer hitability of Linc now is making his future contract freakin drop a mill every pitch. The standard response to early struggles is of course, small sample size, but anyone who looks, and not just at the boxscores but at Tims game, can see that something is very wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
      Dumb luck that Giants have locked up both Cain and Bum, but opted to not hogtie Giants future to a mega Timmah deal as of yet? The sheer hitability of Linc now is making his future contract freakin drop a mill every pitch. The standard response to early struggles is of course, small sample size, but anyone who looks, and not just at the boxscores but at Tims game, can see that something is very wrong.
      I am hoping he isn't going all Brandon Webb on me... by and large I hate spending big money on pitchers and the last time I did, it was Brandon Webb, who submarined my whole season...
      I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
      You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
      "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
      It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

Originally posted by SeaDogStat View Post
        I am hoping he isn't going all Brandon Webb on me... by and large I hate spending big money on pitchers and the last time I did, it was Brandon Webb, who submarined my whole season...
        Tons of top tier pitchers have imploded this season. Lincecum isn't the first and won't be the last. It will take time to see if this is injury related or a blip.

Comment

Maybe if they just let him throw his slider like he did from the second inning on in his last start.

Comment

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
            Maybe if they just let him throw his slider like he did from the second inning on in his last start.
            IIRC, it is Lincecum, not the Giants, who chose to ditch the slider.

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
              I don't think it is luck at all...
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

While leading 3-2 and his bench still full, Bochy actually used Matt Cain to PH for Zito. Shockingly, he struck out. WTH was he thinking?
                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                  While leading 3-2 and his bench still full, Bochy actually used Matt Cain to PH for Zito. Shockingly, he struck out. WTH was he thinking?
                  I have no idea. However, after Cain's last two pitching performances if he wanted to play at catcher, pinch run, or sell concessions, I'd let him.

Comment

The Giants back to their 1-run winning ways and Zito is on steroids. Seriously, if he was I'd actually be a fan again.

Comment

Just an embarrassing defensive display (or lack thereof) by the Giants today.

Comment

Hey Giants fans...just picked up Joaquin Arias in my NL as a replacement for Alex Gonzo. What are your thoughts? It seems like he is replacing the inept bat of Crawford - albeit sporadically for now. Can he stick at SS in san Fran?

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                          Hey Giants fans...just picked up Joaquin Arias in my NL as a replacement for Alex Gonzo. What are your thoughts? It seems like he is replacing the inept bat of Crawford - albeit sporadically for now. Can he stick at SS in san Fran?
                          was just about to post on Arias if you are looking for a cheap MI, his defense looks great, and he has a much better bat than crawford, he'll also get some action at 2b I'd guess
                          "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
                            Bochy plays the hot hand, almost always. If Crawford comes in and gets a couple of hits, he'll play more in the following days. If he gets an ugly o-fer, he'll sit. I still think the Giants "want" Crawford to be their everyday shortstop, but when he isn't hitting and the team isn't winning, Bochy will look to anyone, and it this moment it is Arias. I think the best chance for Arias to stick is as a super-utility like Uribe was in his tenure in SF.

Comment

here's a note on Giants walk-up music....most of this makes me long for the days of Bonds coming up to the "Darth Vader theme" or hell, even Eli Whiteside coming up to "Kashmir"....

From CSN Bay Area, we are gifted with this indispensible list of the Giants' walk-up music . When correspondent Periqueblend sent me this ...

Comment

Three games up on the Dodgers. Massive series this weekend with monster implications.

Comment

Working...
                                X