X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SF Giants notes

I think ive helped people out in the past with these

Bochy has said that he wants to run more this year

Gregor Blanco looks like the 4th OF right now, hes got speed and can play all three positions

Vogelsong could start the season on the dl, giants dont need a 5th starter until the middle of april
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
    I think ive helped people out in the past with these

Bochy has said that he wants to run more this year

Gregor Blanco looks like the 4th OF right now, hes got speed and can play all three positions

Vogelsong could start the season on the dl, giants dont need a 5th starter until the middle of april
    Thanks FB-

So if Blanco is 4th OF, I assume that means you think Belt is ticketed to AAA? Wouldn't think they'd want a guy with his ceiling sitting around as a 5th OF/1B backup.

Who then would be 5th OF- Gillespie? Gary Brown? Someone else I'm forgetting?

And re: Bochy wanting to run more- personally I discount that, 80% of managers (and 99% of players lol) say that in March. Then again, when you trade in plodders like Burrell/Rowand for Pagan/MCabrera, I suppose you'll run more just by default.

Comment

Originally posted by hombre View Post
      Thanks FB-

So if Blanco is 4th OF, I assume that means you think Belt is ticketed to AAA? Wouldn't think they'd want a guy with his ceiling sitting around as a 5th OF/1B backup.

Who then would be 5th OF- Gillespie? Gary Brown? Someone else I'm forgetting?

And re: Bochy wanting to run more- personally I discount that, 80% of managers (and 99% of players lol) say that in March. Then again, when you trade in plodders like Burrell/Rowand for Pagan/MCabrera, I suppose you'll run more just by default.
      I don't think Blanco will have much fantasy value as the 4th OF. With all of the moving parts on that team, the 4th OF will sit more than he might on other teams.

Gary Brown will NOT make the team out of Spring Training. They waited with Posey and everyone else, they'll wait with him too. He may get a cup of coffee in September, but that's it. Look for him for real in 2013.

I really think the Giants may actually run this year. I hear some rumblings of this at the end of last year, some team people stating that the team needed to do more of the little things, stealing bases, sacrifices, bunts, to get those few extra runs a month, because on a team like SF with no real offense those skills would have a made a real difference. I think we'll see some more green lights for the fleet-footed giants this year, but maybe not enough to make a big deal on your fantasy rosters.

Comment

If you see Brown having an impact for the Giants in 2013. I assume Pagan is just a place holder (I know he is a FA after the season).

Comment

Do you see Tommy Joseph making the team and contributing?

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
            Not in 2012. The team is very high on him, but I think they are counting on Posey/Whiteside for the near term. In fact, if Joseph continues as a catcher, he's probably ripe to be traded because he won't be unseating Posey and is better than a backup.

Comment

Originally posted by luckyheel View Post
              Right now i think hector sanchez has a better shot of making the team than joseph
              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Schierholtz is no lock for the starting RF job, which puts Huff in lf, Cabrera is rf and Belt at 1b. Pill also looks like he's going to make the team

Comment

Schierholtz is no lock for the starting RF job, which puts Huff in lf, Cabrera is rf and Belt at 1b. Pill also looks like he's going to make the team
                  I'm glad I didn't lead people astray on this, and on Hector Sanchez and Gregor Blanco making the team.

Comment

I'm glad I didn't lead people astray on this, and on Hector Sanchez and Gregor Blanco making the team.
                    I thought Blanco was sent down, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Sharky View Post
                      I thought Blanco was sent down, no?
                      No, Blanco did indeed make the 25-man roster.

So FB, how many starts a week for Hector can we expect?

Comment

Originally posted by Simon View Post
                        No, Blanco did indeed make the 25-man roster.

So FB, how many starts a week for Hector can we expect?
                        It all depends on Posey's ankle (and secondarily on Belt and Huff's hitting), but my guess is that he'll get 40-50 starts if the Giants don't sign another catcher.

Comment

It all depends on Posey's ankle (and secondarily on Belt and Huff's hitting), but my guess is that he'll get 40-50 starts if the Giants don't sign another catcher.
                          Sounds about right, maybe a little high. He'll likely play a few games more than a usual backup, who gets about 30 games. I really don't see him getting 50 starts, but I could see 50 games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                            Sounds about right, maybe a little high. He'll likely play a few games more than a usual backup, who gets about 30 games. I really don't see him getting 50 starts, but I could see 50 games.
                            He'll get some PH opps as well with Panda as the emergency catcher....

Comment

He'll get some PH opps as well with Panda as the emergency catcher....
                              True, that's why I see 50 games, not necessarily 50 starts. If his bat stays as hot as it was this Spring, he'll get a TON of PH opps.

Comment

Working...
                              X