Collapse
No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#3000, with authority. There have been better fielders, there have been better hitters. Derek Jeter is still the greatest ballplayer I've seen.
    "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

wow -- has anyone else ever hit a HR for #3000?

Comment

Bernie Mac

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        wow -- has anyone else ever hit a HR for #3000?
        Only one other-- Wade Boggs, for Tampa.
        "There is involved in this struggle the question whether your children and my children shall enjoy the privileges we have enjoyed. I say this in order to impress upon you, if you are not already so impressed, that no small matter should divert us from our great purpose. "

Abraham Lincoln, from his Address to the Ohio One Hundred Sixty Fourth Volunteer Infantry

Comment

Originally posted by roto rooter View Post
          bernie mac
          lol

:dance:

Comment

1st time Jeter hit the ball out of the park at Yankee Stadium since last June - more than a year.

His only 2 HR this year came in the same game, via a friendly wind and a couple of Dave Bush meatballs in Texas.

Odds of him hitting a HR for 3,000 were pretty close to zero. And yet....
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Kohm View Post
              #3000, with authority. There have been better fielders, there have been better hitters. Derek Jeter is still the greatest ballplayer I've seen.
              Is that a little hyperbole BK? Surely you have seen ARod, who is a much better SS any way you draw one up.

J
              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Biggio had FIVE hits on the day of his 3,00th hit.
                In your face, Jeter!
                lol, that is amazing, though

Stay up-to-date with the latest sports news and scores from NBC Sports.

P.S. Jeter signing baseballs this week. Can't believe they only want $699.99 for A BASEBALL SIGNED BY DEREK JETER THE WEEK THAT HE REACHED 3,000. OMG!

The signed bat is $1,099.99. Doesn't feel as expensive as "$1,100" would.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

trivia tidbit: Jeter got the first hit that Price gave up.
                  Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    In your face, Jeter!
                    Well don't you look stupid now.
                    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I look amused, and impressed.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        In your face, Jeter!

Stay up-to-date with the latest sports news and scores from NBC Sports.

P.S. Jeter signing baseballs this week. Can't believe they only want $699.99 for A BASEBALL SIGNED BY DEREK JETER THE WEEK THAT HE REACHED 3,000. OMG!

The signed bat is $1,099.99. Doesn't feel as expensive as "$1,100" would.
                        In YOUR face, did Biggio's 5th hit knock in the game winning run? Hopefully Jeter's just did.

ETA: It takes more than intangibles to get 3000 hits, but intangibles is a HR for your 3000th and 5 for 5 with the game winning RBI in the 9th (ETA2: actually the 8th, but team's last AB) on the same day.
                        Last edited by TopChuckie; 07-09-2011, 04:22 PM.
                        Some people say winning isn't everything. I say those people never won anything.

Quitters never win, winners never quit, but those who never win AND never quit are idiots.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you...but it's still on the list.

Some people are like Slinkies, they are not really good for anything but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.

"...relentless inevitability of Yankee glory." - The Onion

Comment

Now I'm going to order TWO baseballs for $699.99 each!
                          I imagine my "in your face" line would be recognized as a joke. Jeter already had 4 hits at that point including a HR for 3,000.

Meanwhile A-Rod will get his 3,00th hit in 2013, a couple of days before the All-Star break and a couple of days after he begs out of the All-Star Game, collecting five hits including the game-winner plus a stolen base and a caught stealing.

Media and fans nationwide will then rip A-Rod for "disrespecting the fans who voted him into the lineup, and disrespecting the game," even though he recently had returned from the DL, because obviously from his play he will be recognized as being healthy enough to appear in the All-Star Game.

Shakespeare couldn't have written up this duo's script any better.
                          Last edited by Judge Jude; 07-09-2011, 03:25 PM.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

El Capitan did with panache.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                              Well don't you look stupid now.
                              yeah, you really should wait until the game is over before you post......
                              Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

Working...
                              X