No announcement yet.

RJEL- news notes and trade thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am looking to move Vladdy ($18) for a decent prospect or pick.
    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
      Anyone have too many minor league picks and not enough keepers? Will trade for a minor league pick and/or minor league player.
      I am likely to drop Ethan Martin ($3ML) and not use my 6th round pick if either/both of those are interesting to you. If I was allowed to just give them to you I'd do that but since there needs to be reciprocity I'd take a 2012 pick I guess.

Comment

Alright, who needs some cheap speed? Looks like Scotty Pods is going to play a prominent role in the potent Toronto offense. Can be had for a pick or a minor leaguer. BTW, he's only 5 bucks in his option year...35 steals last year folks.
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
          Alright, who needs some cheap speed? Looks like Scotty Pods is going to play a prominent role in the potent Toronto offense. Can be had for a pick or a minor leaguer. BTW, he's only 5 bucks in his option year...35 steals last year folks.
          friggin used car salesman.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
            friggin used car salesman.
            Pods is in EXCELLLENT condition with very low mileage...

Looks like I may have been a bit premature in my pursuit of Bourjos...although I'm still OK with him.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
              You do know he's on a minor league deal and might not even make the team, right?
              Freakin' leadoff man is what he is...50 steals, 100+ runs, and perhaps an MVP trophy in his case.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

but wait............theres more.............

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Pods is in EXCELLLENT condition with very low mileage...

Looks like I may have been a bit premature in my pursuit of Bourjos...although I'm still OK with him.
                  Would you lose Bourjos if you keep him but he doesn't make the Angels opening day roster? I want to see if he's eligible to be taken in the minor-league draft.

Comment

what a fantastic race going on in RJEL:

1 - Revo................147.5
                    2t - Hairy Ubaldo.....146.0
                    2t - Big Tymers........146.0
                    3 - Frae.................132.5

Comment

I can't see how I could catch you. With Hanley out, Brantley out, and a bunch of scrubs in my OF and Util spots, I'm in a world of hurt. I wish I could transfer some WHIP points to other categories! Now Big Tymers, he's going to be right on your heels the rest of the year.

Comment

Thanks for including me, but I have zero chance of anything other than 4th. When I made those trades at the deadline I was hoping you guys would windup in the high 130's, but instead the mark moved to the mid 140's. 4th is in the money at least, but certainly wasn't my goal after dumping last year. You guys though have a great race for 1st going on.

Comment

Going to be an interesting next few weeks. Need my pitching stats to stop heading south and offsetting my offense gains....

Comment

dayyum

1t - Revo...............147.0
                            1t - Big Tymer.........147.0
                            1t - Hairy Ubaldo.....147.0
                            4 - Frae.................136.5

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                              1t - Revo...............147.0
                              1t - Big Tymer.........147.0
                              1t - Hairy Ubaldo.....147.0
                              4 - Frae.................136.5
                              I wish that I was in it...but it's still fun to watch. Get your minds out of the gutter!

Great race gents...gonna be a fun couple of weeks down the wire...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

At least I made it to first place for at least one day in September

Comment

Working...
                                X