RJEL- news notes and trade thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don Quixote View Post
    No comments on my lousy trade with Hammer?
    OK, since you asked....

I didn't like it for you. Since you traded a $3 Michael Saunders to get Jason Bartlett $11, I'd rather have Derek Jeter $19 + Saunders $3 instead of Bartlett $11. In this deal you traded Jeter & Volquez $5, who I did not have as keeper for you, for Johnny Cueto $14 -- who I don't have as a keeper for you -- and Pat Burrell $1, who's probably worth about $8 on the open market, but who probably displaces another just as adequate keeper such as Mitch Moreland, Edwin Jackson, RA Dickey, or Bud Norris.

So IMO it's just juggling the cards, and you gave up a 3rd rounder. I think you could've taken a few of those chips to do what Hammer just did (landing a 1st rounder), or adding two of those to a solid keeper to get a better keeper.
    Last edited by revo; 02-09-2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
      Check the site for trade offers!
      empty inbox...
      Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!

Comment

I'm open to offers but don't really have time to go searching for potential deals.
        If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
        - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Grinch View Post
          empty inbox...
          I didn't make you an offer, but I sent you a PM here to discuss.....

Comment

Originally posted by eldiablo505
            As for me, I generally have very little concern about trading away minor league picks. They're such a roll of the dice.

Guys who've been in the league for a few years --- remember when Delmon Young went for (iirc) $15 at the auction?!?!?!

It's weird. For "real" baseball, I am a huge proponent of building withing and amassing an impressive farm system. I'm almost the exact opposite when it comes to fantasy baseball. Even if your first rounder is a good one, he's still $6 to start the year, not to mention you have to worry about him getting playing time, when to bring him up and start his clock, injury issues, etc etc etc.

A $5 option Tim Hudson and a $1 option Scott Rolen seemed like an obvious move for me to make since I really only had 8 solid keepers. It was also good for Hammer since he had so many extra keepers.
            Hammer's team was horrible...where did he end up with so many good keepers? :biggrin:
            "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
            - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
            -Warren Ellis

Comment

Would look to move 2 or maybe 3 of these guys to get a real upgrade if anyone is short keepers...

Rick Porcello $6 yr 2, Ervin Santana $6 yr 2, Kevin Slowey $5 opt, and Ted Lilly $14 yr 2. Also farm guys are always moveable for the right guy.

Comment

when are my keepers due?
                I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                  when are my keepers due?
                  tonight

If youre having an issue dropping players, send me the last as I can drop multiple players in one transaction.
                  After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by heyelander View Post
                    when are my keepers due?
                    Don't ever listen to Pete...keepers are due a week before the auction.
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      Don't ever listen to Pete..
                      Sage advice......feel free to use as a signature.......
                      Last edited by Grinch; 02-11-2011, 04:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        If youre having an issue dropping players, send me the last as I can drop multiple players in one transaction.
                        thanks, I slogged through it.
                        I'm not expecting to grow flowers in the desert...

Comment

I forget -- how do we handle Japanese imports? Are they eligible to be taken in the auction, or are they only eligible for the rookie draft?

It's probably much better to post this question in this thread than the Cameron Maybin thread.

Comment

From "Details" on CBS:

Any player taken in auction who doesn't make a major league roster on opening day shall be released from his RJEL team. The only exceptions are players starting the season on the DL.

Foreign players who have signed with a US Major League club are eligible for the auction.

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            I forget -- how do we handle Japanese imports? Are they eligible to be taken in the auction, or are they only eligible for the rookie draft?

It's probably much better to post this question in this thread than the Cameron Maybin thread.

Comment

No Darvish for Yu.
                              Not true.........feel free to bid high for him :attention:

Comment

Anyone have too many minor league picks and not enough keepers? Will trade for a minor league pick and/or minor league player.
                                Hmmmm.....I have your team with only 9 keepers, so aren't you the one who needs keepers?

I have questionable 9th and 10th keepers and could take on one or two keeper possibilities. I could deal a ML pick or a MLer, but the keepers would have to be better than Alex Gonzalez $5 or Shane Victorino $24 + whatever it is you're asking for.

Comment

Working...
                                X