Kershaw...WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
    On the bright side he frees up alot of cap space. Can't wait until he is "back".
    2018...2019???
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

I am looking at replacing Kershaw with Clayton Richard, so yes my league is kind of deep.
      Richard's peripherals aren't bad, actually, this year, seriously - and he won't be 35 until September.

plus I see a bright light here

06.01: Dodgers' manager Dave Roberts announced Friday that Clayton Kershaw will miss at least a month with his lower back strain. (The good news, is that his MRI revealed no structural damage to the discs in Kershaw's back. This puts fantasy owners in a frustrating spot, as you obviously can't cut bait with him yet in redraft leagues, but he can cause headaches in formats where there are no disabled list spots available. The best case scenario looks to be a return right around the All-Star break and a dominant second half of the season.)

#5stagesofgrief
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
        2018...2019???
        Let me guess you kinda glass half empty guy.

Comment

So what is everyone doing with him? I suppose holding and hoping?

Not sure what to even ask for in proposing a trade offer or what is acceptable in return???

Obviously teams out of the running right now aren't interested in him and teams in the hunt aren't going to give up much for him either.
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

So what is everyone doing with him? I suppose holding and hoping?

Not sure what to even ask for in proposing a trade offer or what is acceptable in return???

Obviously teams out of the running right now aren't interested in him and teams in the hunt aren't going to give up much for him either.
            Well, I got him in a trade last week but he was not the main piece so I'll put him on the DL and pick-up whoever is available for FAAB. Been kinda of tough week injury-wise. Also lost Acuna and Ottavino to the DL. We have daily line-up with a 6-player reserve. If he returns in July or later then I can either take a look at either re-activating him or maybe but less likely moving him in a trade but I do have a contending team so that means I would have to trade him to another contender. If he can come back and contribute for the 2nd half of the season with the type of stats he put the up first several weeks then that will be a plus. There is no way I'm excepting vintage Kershaw and it wouldn't surprise me if he isn't back the rest of the season.

Comment

Starting today against the Mets.

Comment

sad but true: Kershaw was supposed to face a Triple-A lineup today in Omaha, but the forecast was for heavy rain.

somebody with the Dodgers must have realized, "Wait, if we want him facing Triple-A hitters, why not just pitch him against the Mets?"

fyi, Mets are 29th team to start a season 11-1. their 20-40 mark in the next 60 games (before they lost again last night), is a grim all-time record.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                  sad but true: Kershaw was supposed to face a Triple-A lineup today in Omaha, but the forecast was for heavy rain.

somebody with the Dodgers must have realized, "Wait, if we want him facing Triple-A hitters, why not just pitch him against the Mets?"

fyi, Mets are 29th team to start a season 11-1. their 20-40 mark in the next 60 games (before they lost again last night), is a grim all-time record.
                  I'm in Omaha right now, pretty bummed that I won't get to see him.
                  If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                  - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post

Trap game alert!

Comment

if youre coming back, what better team to dip your toe in than the Mets.
                      After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                        if youre coming back, what better team to dip your toe in than the Mets.
                        Any other team???

Is he cooked? I read hitting only 88 on his fastball

Comment

Any other team???

Is he cooked? I read hitting only 88 on his fastball
                          I read that he was hitting 91-92.

Comment

if kershaw is cooked, not that he is, I hope he has another 12 great years.... but if this is the lions share of his career, he comps to who? sandy koufax? he even now, never pitching above average again after this season, a 1st ballot hof? o

Comment

Originally posted by gcstomp View Post
                              if kershaw is cooked, not that he is, I hope he has another 12 great years.... but if this is the lions share of his career, he comps to who? sandy koufax? he even now, never pitching above average again after this season, a 1st ballot hof? o
                              He is to me, yes.

Comment

his career currently is quite similar to Koufax's, if one adjusts for the scoring environment and current pitching usage.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X