Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kershaw...WTF?

6 walks tonight. Uh oh..
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

after whiffing the side in the first, got out of a bases-loaded 1 out AND bases-loaded 0 out jam in separate innings. then Babe Rojas hits a 3-run HR after CK's 5th and 6th walks.

that's ok, see my SP staff in signature - we'd be fine without him, just a flesh wound!
    finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
    own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
    won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
    RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
    C Stallings 2, Casali 1
    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
    OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

THE Babe Rojas?
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Normally I refrain from overreacting to one start from anyone, but it is highly unlikely that Kershaw of all people would walk 6. Has he ever done that in his whole career? It does raise the fear he might be hurt/off in some way. Or maybe it is a total fluke.

Edit: I looked it up, and he has down it twice before. The last time back in 2010.

Comment

He'll be fine once Mith says he sucks and threatens to cut him.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            Oh I'm working the trade lines now!!

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
              I think Mith should definitely cut Kershaw since i have the number one waiver claim in his league.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

after Kershaw carried my team to titles in 2015 and 2017, this is very much a hill I am prepared to die on

#braveheart
                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Sons of Dodgers, I am Clayton Kershaw.

Rookie Dodger: Clayton Kershaw is 7 feet tall.

Kershaw: Yes, I've heard. Strikeouts men by the hundreds, and if he were here he'd consume all NL teams with fireballs from his eyes and bolts of lightning from his arse.

Comment

Sometimes you read a thread title, and you just know the author...
                    One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
                      This is 100% true.

This one might be my fault, I cut Miguel Rojas.

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post

Comment

I usually attribute WTF with Mith.

Comment

Another blah performance. Sigh.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                              Another blah performance. Sigh.
                              6 IPs, 6 Ks, 2 ERs, come on dude, get a grip.
                              If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                              - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                              X