No announcement yet.

Kershaw...WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Many nervous owners out there praying this is minor. He went for $45 in one of my NL league. Owner is last place but was planning on trading him. In the 12TO league he went for $52.

Comment

I paid $42 and am a strong 2nd place
      I do have a wide lead in ERA/Ratio, so I can backfill with mediocre SP and possibly gain pts in W/K while maintaining that lead
      #glasshalffull
      finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
      own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
      won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
      RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
      C Stallings 2, Casali 1
      1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
      OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I wonder if Kershaw this year has the widest variance in bidding on any player since the dawn of Roto.

His price in this forum has ranged from $45ish to $84 with bids all over the place in between. He went for $59 in our 10 team NL only, the highest we've had since Maddux.

Comment

Not here to bitch!! Would you consider dealing him at a discount at this point? If so, how low will you go?
          "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

as I have said, we all have to pick a hill that we might die on
            Kershaw 2018 is mine

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
              Not here to bitch!! Would you consider dealing him at a discount at this point? If so, how low will you go?
              On the pitching side, NL-only, I'd probably be willing to take Strasburg straight up for him at this point, and I might be desperate enough to accept Carlos Martinez, but that's it. (I assume you couldn't get Scherzer for him.) If you're trading for a hitter (again, NL-only), I'd think you can probably justify a trade for any top-25 hitter if you can get one and can afford to live with your existing pitching staff plus a FAAB replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                Can you go back and re-visit the deal that was on the table a bit ago? Frankly, I'd take that and run at this point...I think that people who are thinking that Kershaw is a lock to come back healthy may be fooling themselves.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

ok, I'm in 2nd place and this guy could possibly help my team's chances a little bit

05.25: Dodgers' manager Dave Roberts indicated Friday that Clayton Kershaw (biceps) could rejoin the rotation on Thursday if everything goes well in Saturday's simulated game. (Kershaw is only expected to throw 60 pitches in that outing on Saturday, so even if everything does go smoothly, he would be on a limited pitch count in his return to the big league mound on Thursday.)

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

I read that too and waiting to see how it goes after today. I have a trade offer from a team with him as part of the deal. Interestingly enough he is not the main piece in the deal. If he real has become healthy then he should be good. The biggest concern that I see is does he velocity go back up. His FIP before he went on the DL was 3.77 which is almost a run higher from his ERA of 2.86. Also his strand 83.7% indicates to me he was lucky before going on the DL. Be interested to read any other input on this.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                      I read that too and waiting to see how it goes after today. I have a trade offer from a team with him as part of the deal. Interestingly enough he is not the main piece in the deal. If he real has become healthy then he should be good. The biggest concern that I see is does he velocity go back up. His FIP before he went on the DL was 3.77 which is almost a run higher from his ERA of 2.86. Also his strand 83.7% indicates to me he was lucky before going on the DL. Be interested to read any other input on this.
                      I think that he's slowly falling back to the back. The pace that he was on for 7 seasons was insane, remember that he started as a 20 YO. I believe that his body is slowly breaking down, as will anyone's with a workload like that...look at Felix, he's essentially done.

Now, I don't think that Kershaw is Felix, but I do believe that he's going to go from a tier all by himself, to a group of pitchers that may number less than 20...still great, but no longer a 230 inning, 250 K, ERA and WHIP monster that'll single handedly win you pitching categories. But a great pitcher who know has some flaws...
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        I think that he's slowly falling back to the back. The pace that he was on for 7 seasons was insane, remember that he started as a 20 YO. I believe that his body is slowly breaking down, as will anyone's with a workload like that...look at Felix, he's essentially done.

Now, I don't think that Kershaw is Felix, but I do believe that he's going to go from a tier all by himself, to a group of pitchers that may number less than 20...still great, but no longer a 230 inning, 250 K, ERA and WHIP monster that'll single handedly win you pitching categories. But a great pitcher who know has some flaws...
                        I see this too. Injuries starting to pop up, velo dropping, giving more HR etc. He reminds me of Verlander in regard that he was so good for so long and then injuries happened. It took Verlander 2-3 seasons before becoming healthy again. I don't believe we will we vintage Kershaw again but still a very good pitcher. I'm sure somebody here has stats on pitchers who have thrown 2000 innings like Kershaw and what happens after that. Scherzer is almost to 2000 IP. Verlander has over 2600. Felix has over 2500.

Comment

Originally posted by pitbull View Post
                          I see this too. Injuries starting to pop up, velo dropping, giving more HR etc. He reminds me of Verlander in regard that he was so good for so long and then injuries happened. It took Verlander 2-3 seasons before becoming healthy again. I don't believe we will we vintage Kershaw again but still a very good pitcher. I'm sure somebody here has stats on pitchers who have thrown 2000 innings like Kershaw and what happens after that. Scherzer is almost to 2000 IP. Verlander has over 2600. Felix has over 2500.
                          I wasn't all that long ago that people were saying Verlander was done. We were wrong.

Comment

from mlb.com

Clayton Kershaw, Dodgers
                            Kershaw, who hasn't pitched since May 1 due to left biceps tendinitis, will be activated off the disabled list on Thursday to start against the Phillies, according to manager Dave Roberts.
                            The three-time National League Cy Young Award winner threw four innings in a simulated game Saturday and played catch Sunday morning.
                            "I think he's fine to go deep [into a game], depending on how he's throwing," Roberts said. "It's great and I'm happy for Clayton [that he's] feeling healthy. Performing is one thing, but if he feels healthy and strong, we'll bet on the performance."

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Come on Clayton!

That's all i got for now.
                              "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                I think that he's slowly falling back to the back. The pace that he was on for 7 seasons was insane, remember that he started as a 20 YO. I believe that his body is slowly breaking down
                                after a 1-2-3, 10-pitch first inning, Kershaw makes a sign with his right hand as he walks toward the dugout that baffles the Dodgers announcers.

"It looks like, I don't know, 'horns,'" one said.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Working...
                                X