No announcement yet.

Kershaw...WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So after one month Kershaw is the 38th ranked SP in my league and the 144th ranked player.
    "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
      So after one month Kershaw is the 38th ranked SP in my league and the 144th ranked player.
      and??
      If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
      - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
        and??
        And I am glad I did not pay 48 dollars for him...much less 77 or 84 or ???

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
          Why are only my lesser pitchers allowed to regress? When Kershaw regresses he'll be back to what you expect if we're going down that route...
          I, admittedly, would be concerned if I had him. Not full-blown panic or anything, but concerned. His velocity is down. He has chronic or near-chronic back issues. His command has moved from other-worldly to a really good of around 2 BB/9 IP.

And I have no dog in this hunt, as I have no Clayton Kershaw shares nor play in Mith's league.

Every mixed league I'm in, owners are trying to deal him. In fairness, every one of those owners needs hitting, and two of them badly. So it just may be coincidence.
          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

this is my 4th straight year of owning him (have finished 1st-11th-1st-xx)

sure, there's risk, but even this year he has helped my team get out to great starts in ERA/Ratio/K (usually it's W, but not this year yet)
            that has meant I can go with a 4-man SP rotation and be competitive everywhere (have gotten lucky with relief W, but I have plenty of wiggle room already to add a couple of lower-rotation guys like - well, Straily, who I will activate this week)

I'm not even dead if he drops tomorrow. ok, badly wounded. but you don't need 230 IP out of Kershaw for him to set up your stat categories nicely.
            finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
            own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
            won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
            RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
            C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
            OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

I wish the guy in my league were low on him. He is the sort who rides with his big names till the end. Kershaw could give up 15 runs in his next start then retire, then get arrested and convicted of murder, and he'd still say DNA evidence isn't reliable and want a king's random for Kershaw in trade.
              Last edited by Sour Masher; 05-05-2018, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                I, admittedly, would be concerned if I had him. Not full-blown panic or anything, but concerned. His velocity is down. He has chronic or near-chronic back issues. His command has moved from other-worldly to a really good of around 2 BB/9 IP.

And I have no dog in this hunt, as I have no Clayton Kershaw shares nor play in Mith's league.

Every mixed league I'm in, owners are trying to deal him. In fairness, every one of those owners needs hitting, and two of them badly. So it just may be coincidence.
                Yeah, this is exactly what happened in my 18 team mixed. The Kershaw owner dealt him off for Stanton...I think that it's a fair deal, one in which neither side really wins.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                  Yeah, this is exactly what happened in my 18 team mixed. The Kershaw owner dealt him off for Stanton...I think that it's a fair deal, one in which neither side really wins.
                  That's a cup half empty view. How about it is a trade both sides win!

Comment

I've got 62 HR so far in a deep NL-only, which seems like a lot (2nd place has 46)
                    I ain't trading him for power!

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                    1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                      That's a cup half empty view. How about it is a trade both sides win!
                      Or they both get hurt and provide little for the rest of the year?

I meant that neither side "won" the deal...which seems to be the goal of most people that I try to trade with. I actually LIKE a deal that come out as a pretty even exchange...

-Warren Ellis

Comment

uh oh...placed on the DL with biceps tendonitis

Andy McCullough @McCulloughTimes
                        Following Following @McCulloughTimes

Clayton Kershaw went back to Los Angeles to be examined by Dr. Neal ElAttrache.

Comment

move it along, nothing to see here

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                            move it along, nothing to see here
                            I'm waiting for the Mith rant.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                              The only rant that Mith should have is that he didn't take that deal when Kershaw was "healthy". Otherwise, he was pretty much correct in his evaluation...other than paying 80+ dollars of course.

-Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                ahhaha
                                If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                                - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Working...
                                X