No announcement yet.

Kershaw...WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calling that a blah performance shows how good he is. Then again, so does the price you paid for him. Maybe a blah bid, not a blah performance?

Comment

Originally posted by cavebird View Post
      Calling that a blah performance shows how good he is. Then again, so does the price you paid for him. Maybe a blah bid, not a blah performance?
      So find ne a Kershaw owner who is satisfied so far. Has zero to do with what anyone paid for him. His season thus far is not even close to what is expected
      "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Seriously? Thats a good game from a top 3 SP? 7 games and in 4 of those he went 6 or less IP . If you think Kershaw owners are happy, you're nuts!
        "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
          So find ne a Kershaw owner who is satisfied so far. Has zero to do with what anyone paid for him. His season thus far is not even close to what is expected
          so what would you take for Kershaw in a trade today. Tell me equal value in your glazed eyes.
          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Easy. I found one, me! He's leading my 1st place pitching staff. Best pitcher on my staff, obviously, 48 Ks, 2.86 ERA, 1.14 WHIP.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
              so what would you take for Kershaw in a trade today. Tell me equal value in your glazed eyes.
              A top 10 hitter. Or a top 25 hitter and an SP2. Look I still love the dude, but it seems like he is on the slow descent to being simply very good and not phenomenal.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                Easy. I found one, me! He's leading my 1st place pitching staff. Best pitcher on my staff, obviously, 48 Ks, 2.86 ERA, 1.14 WHIP.
                Who are your other SP's? If those stats are the "best" from your SP's, then it's hard to believe that your pitching is first place. I would think that you have some other lesser SP's pitching above their heads.

Comment

I have Kershaw for 42 and am leading my league in ERA and Ratio, and 5th in K (5 back of 3rd place) and 7th in W (3 back of 3rd place). Kershaw is my ace.

am in 2nd place overall
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Who are your other SP's? If those stats are the "best" from your SP's, then it's hard to believe that your pitching is first place. I would think that you have some other lesser SP's pitching above their heads.
                    Not sure why it's hard to believe. Kershaw's stats are great. He's on pace for > 200 Ks with a sub 3 ERA, that doesn't exactly grow on trees.

Rest of the staff:

Michael Fulmer
                    Jake Junis
                    Lance McCullers
                    Blake Snell
                    Joey Lucchesi
                    Aaron Nola
                    Jameson Taillon

Plus Edwin Diaz and Shane Greene as closers.

Staff has 66.5 points out of a max 75, next best is 62.5
                    Last edited by Ken; 05-02-2018, 08:42 AM.

Comment

Not sure why it's hard to believe. Kershaw's stats are great. He's on pace for > 200 Ks with a sub 3 ERA, that doesn't exactly grow on trees.

Rest of the staff:

Michael Fulmer
                      Jake Junis
                      Lance McCullers
                      Blake Snell
                      Joey Lucchesi
                      Aaron Nola
                      Jameson Taillon

Plus Edwin Diaz and Shane Greene as closers.

Staff has 66.5 points out of a max 75, next best is 62.5
                      Then we disagree about "great" stats. You obviously have SP's who are pitching beyond their expected performances thus far, so when they regress to the mean (did I use that correctly?) if Kershaw isn't his usual sub 2.25 ERA and sub 1.00 WHIP, your staff will likely lose points.

Comment

Why are only my lesser pitchers allowed to regress? When Kershaw regresses he'll be back to what you expect if we're going down that route...

Comment

A top 10 hitter. Or a top 25 hitter and an SP2. Look I still love the dude, but it seems like he is on the slow descent to being simply very good and not phenomenal.
                          so if someone offered you Gerritt Cole for Kershaw youre making that deal?
                          After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Just traded Kershaw for Stanton in RJEL. I don't think either of us knows if we should be happy with that, so I guess that means it's about fair. Stanton definitely fits my team better - due to some odd league dynamics I had made a trade for more starting pitching when I probably already had enough, so before the trade, in an 18-team league, I had Kershaw/Sale/Greinke/Bumgarner/Morton.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

Why are only my lesser pitchers allowed to regress? When Kershaw regresses he'll be back to what you expect if we're going down that route...
                              That's my whole point. You are relying on Kershaw "regressing", and I'm saying that maybe this is the year that he drops off.

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                so if someone offered you Gerritt Cole for Kershaw youre making that deal?
                                I might. Especially given their respective prices in my league.

Comment

Working...
                                X