Desmond Jennings watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by revo View Post
    There's actually only been two players in MLB history to do that (10+ HR & SB in 200 AB or less). Besides Davis, the only other one was John "Tonight, Let it be" Lowenstein in 1979.
    Well, there's a little water on the fire when Lowenstein is added to the list

I've held on to Jennings for so long (6 years counting minor league keeper status) that it's gratifying to see a little payoff. I just wish it wasn't wasted on my 11th place team lol
    I always liked Alfonseca and he is twice the pitcher Hall of Famer Mordecai Brown was - cavebird 12-8-05
    You'd be surprised on how much 16 months in a federal pen can motivate you - gashousegang 7-31-06
    "...That said, the hippo will always be the gold standard here" - Heyelander's VD XII avatar analysis of SeaDogStat 1-29-07
    It's surprising that attempts to coordinate large groups of socially retarded people would end in this kind of chaos. - Cobain's Ghost 12-19-07

Comment

• I'd be quite surprised if Jennings hit better than .275 15 hr next year but assuming that comes with 40ish steals its still very valuable. No sign of his fragility either, lets hope that some of those injuries in the minors were not indicators of things to come.

If only he'd been called up in June!
      "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• cbs ytd rankings have jennings just ahead of crawford in 130 ab compared to cc's 407. So nice to own Crawford this year. uke:
        "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

• Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
          cbs ytd rankings have jennings just ahead of crawford in 130 ab compared to cc's 407. So nice to own Crawford this year. uke:
          a fact not lost on Rays fans either He's already out-WAR'd him

Comment

• I have him for $7 (2012) in my internet league and felt as though another owner was trying to bully me into trading Jennings to his squad (I could be wrong but the tone was very aggressive...side note, this same owner wouldn't trade a $2 justin smoak for 3 full time regulars last year when he was 10 points in front of 2nd...and he ended up not winning...but he STILL has smoak in 2012!!).

Anyhow, back to the talks. He insisted that Olivo, Mike Young and 1 of (c.wilson/s.baker/c.lewis/floyd) was a significant upgrade for the exchange of John Danks, Kurt Suzuki and Desmond Jennings.

I disagreed.

Comment

• Jennings is tough to project, but I am very bullish on him. I don't think my league-mates feel quite as strongly. I caught a lot of grief when I traded non-keepable players Holliday, Kemp and Haren for a $10 Hosmer, a $5 Stanton and a $5 Jennings. Most of the criticism was directed at the Jennings part of the trade, but I think he may turn out to the the jewel of the deal.

Comment

• Originally posted by wannabegriffey View Post
                I have him for $7 (2012) in my internet league and felt as though another owner was trying to bully me into trading Jennings to his squad (I could be wrong but the tone was very aggressive...side note, this same owner wouldn't trade a $2 justin smoak for 3 full time regulars last year when he was 10 points in front of 2nd...and he ended up not winning...but he STILL has smoak in 2012!!).

Anyhow, back to the talks. He insisted that Olivo, Mike Young and 1 of (c.wilson/s.baker/c.lewis/floyd) was a significant upgrade for the exchange of John Danks, Kurt Suzuki and Desmond Jennings.

I disagreed.
                Yuck, I agree with you. Without knowing all the details of your league I'd need a stud player or two in return for Jennings and he wasn't offering one. Furthermore, I don't see those pitchers being that much better than Danks.
                I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by Lucky View Post
                  I caught a lot of grief when I traded non-keepable players Holliday, Kemp and Haren for a $10 Hosmer, a $5 Stanton and a $5 Jennings. Most of the criticism was directed at the Jennings part of the trade, but I think he may turn out to the the jewel of the deal.
                  Seems like a fair deal to me.
                  Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
                  We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

Working...
                  X