Desmond Jennings watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desmond Jennings watch

I believe today is the first day he could be called up for the Rays to get another year of control before free agency. So if he's not up soon, I'm assuming they will wait until late June, maybe July 1 to avoid Super 2.

Fuld is down to .238/.292/.351, Jennings is at .291/.404/.478 in AAA.
    "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Originally posted by cardboardbox View Post
    I believe today is the first day he could be called up for the Rays to get another year of control before free agency. So if he's not up soon, I'm assuming they will wait until late June, maybe July 1 to avoid Super 2.

Fuld is down to .238/.292/.351, Jennings is at .291/.404/.478 in AAA.
    Unless they believe Super Two is going away, don't expect him anytime before July. He has days of service from last year so they have to sit him out longer.

Fuld desperately needs a platoon buddy and Guyer should have been kept up. His glove is even becoming problematic as he thinks he can catch everything and has turned some singles into doubles.

Comment

Jason just retweeted a message from the Durham Bulls Twitter account saying: "We're going to have a big move today. Any guesses?"

I'm hoping like crazy that it's Jennings to the show.

Comment

I bet its Dan Johnson coming back who was the league's MVP last season

I'd be stunned if the club risked the Super Two status despite the glaring need for Jennings in left field

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlight J View Post
          I bet its Dan Johnson coming back who was the league's MVP last season

I'd be stunned if the club risked the Super Two status despite the glaring need for Jennings in left field
          I am confussed. Dan Johnson played last night 0-3, May 15th 0-1 and May 10th 0-4.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            I am confussed. Dan Johnson played last night 0-3, May 15th 0-1 and May 10th 0-4.
            I think he means Johnson going back to AAA?

But if Jennings is going to get called up I think it will be very soon. As we get closer to his super 2 cut off there will be more and more incentive to wait.
            "The Times found no pattern of sexual misconduct by Mr. Biden, beyond the hugs, kisses and touching that women previously said made them uncomfortable." -NY Times

"For a woman to come forward in the glaring lights of focus, nationally, you’ve got to start off with the presumption that at least the essence of what she’s talking about is real, whether or not she forgets facts" - Joe Biden

Comment

If the Rays are going to play it safe with him, he's not coming up until July

If they believe Super 2 goes away in the next CBA, they made the move anytime now.

LF is a glaring problem and Fuld cannot continue to play every day. The lineup last night had Zobrist, Damon, Longo, Joyce, Upton, and then 4 dead spots after him. Zobrist hitting leadoff is a waste - Jennings can do that job and do it well.

Comment

But if Jennings is going to get called up I think it will be very soon. As we get closer to his super 2 cut off there will be more and more incentive to wait.
                Ah, that makes sense.

So as a Jennings owner would you trade him for a $38 Adrian Gonzales? Keeper league, Jennings will be $15.

Comment

I would move Jenning for A Gon.

Comment

Originally posted by schlesinj View Post
                    I would move Jenning for A Gon.
                    In a heartbeat
                    After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Yea, there's no sense in carrying him to play 1B as he's only playing vs LHP. They can call up Jennings and let Zobrist come in and play 1B or even Rodriguez come in and play 1B. Hell, Damon for all I care. Johnson's not doing anything and the club needs a fallback plan as Kotchman comes crashing down to earth. Kotchman has an empty .286 BA of late and his groundball rate is 66%!

Comment

Originally posted by Bodhizefa View Post
                        Jason just retweeted a message from the Durham Bulls Twitter account saying: "We're going to have a big move today. Any guesses?"

I'm hoping like crazy that it's Jennings to the show.
                        Jennings had a big night last night in AAA for whatever it's worth. His 6th homer, and his 9th steal.

Comment

From MLBtraderumors.com

The Rays have designated Dan Johnson for assignment according to a team press release. Rob Delaney was also optioned to Triple-A, and the moves free up roster spots for Justin Ruggiano and J.P. Howell.

Johnson, 31, hit just .115/.179/.167 in 84 plate appearances this year. Though his left-handed bat seemed serviceable, Johnson lost his starting job and has only appeared in six games this month. The Rays signed Johnson before the 2010 season and saw him post a .343 OBP with seven homers in 140 plate appearances despite a .198 batting average.

Comment

ok so Jennings will be 26 in October and still hasnt gotten to the bigs. Is the bloom off the rose here? Can the Rays really love this guy if he is still being blockeed by the likes of Sam Fuld?
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                              ok so Jennings will be 26 in October and still hasnt gotten to the bigs. Is the bloom off the rose here? Can the Rays really love this guy if he is still being blockeed by the likes of Sam Fuld?
                              At this point it is quite a mystery to me what the hold up is. Fuld has sucked for a long time now. Ruggiano was on fire for a couple weeks, but now they aren't even playing him regularly like they were before. If now isn't the time, you have to wonder why. Jennings has been playing fairly well in AAA lately, I believe.

Comment

Working...
                              X