Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by tinitoys View Post
    Does your league have a cap?
    10 teams, $100 FAAB budget, salary cap is $460 but because of the way we do our reserves your post-auction salary is around $340-370.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Got to love opening day here in Detroit. Tigers down 10-6 bottom of the 9th. Rivero on the mound. Easy-peasy! Not quite my friends - 6 batter later he leaves the mound 10-8 with 3 BB and double. In come legend Joe Smoker (great pitching name). Gives up a bases clearing double to Machado and game is tied. I love it!!!

Comment

• Feliz and Rivero both give up 4R, Wilson and Greene give up 3. Ouch.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
          Feliz and Rivero both give up 4R, Wilson and Greene give up 3. Ouch.
          Wilson was tired. His pitch count was over 50 when Polanco hit the 3 run HR bomb. Tigers got robbed when Castellanos was called safe for the winning run and the after doing the review which took a long time he was called out.

Comment

• Hunter Strickland suddenly has a slider to go with his fastball
            "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• and 2 SV
              Giants beat Dodgers 1-0 on Panik HR vs Kershaw
              Giants beat Dodgers 1-0 on Panik HR vs Jansen

can't wait to see what Game 3 holds!
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• I was reading that Jansen velocity dip to the 88-89 mph range. This is from Dodgers beat writer Bill Plunkett:

#Dodgers Kenley Jansen's two pitches to Joe Panik registered 88 and 89 mph. Asked about that and whether his mechanics were not in sync, Jansen said "Who cares?"
                He repeated it four times.

Comment

• Closers suck! I am looking directly at you Brad Hand!!
                  "I lingered round them, under that benign sky: watched the moths fluttering among the heath and harebells, listened to the soft wind breathing through the grass, and wondered how any one could ever imagine unquiet slumbers for the sleepers in that quiet earth."

Comment

• It has been a pretty bad start for a whole lot of closers. Even though Chapman got the save last night, Tranna launched two no-doubt doubles around the three Ks.
                    I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mithrandir View Post
                      Closers suck! I am looking directly at you Brad Hand!!
                      Most volatile position in fantasy baseball. In the NL we had 3 reliable closers blowing saves and 2 closers losing games. Hand, Rivero, Knebel, Neris and Jansen in first 2 games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                        and 2 SV
                        Giants beat Dodgers 1-0 on Panik HR vs Kershaw
                        Giants beat Dodgers 1-0 on Panik HR vs Jansen

can't wait to see what Game 3 holds!
                        Panik Attack! Panik Attack!

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

• How much would you FAAB on Jepsen in an AL only?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                          Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                          Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• I am going to go $3 or $4, according to the timing in the draft and the situation

Comment

• Middleton comes in to replace Parker in the 9th after he gives up a run, 2 hits, and a walk. Middleton closes the door pretty easily...
                              "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                              - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                              -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                Middleton comes in to replace Parker in the 9th after he gives up a run, 2 hits, and a walk. Middleton closes the door pretty easily...
                                I told you after the draft that I liked your Middleton closer flyer quite a bit. Congrats on the smart snag. Hope he bombs terribly for you. :P
                                Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

Working...
                                X