No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Today probably wasn't real good for the Neris owners in a lot of ways. Woof.
    In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
      Today probably wasn't real good for the Neris owners in a lot of ways. Woof.
      Small sample size and all that, but the Phils decided to walk Freeman (1-for-9 lifetime vs Neris) to face Markakis (7-for-14 lifetime vs Neris). Result: 3-run walkoff homer. Kapler and co may want that decision back.

Now, apparently the pivotal pitch was over the heart of the plate - that’s on Neris.
      Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer
      We pinch ran for Altuve specifically to screw over Mith's fantasy team.

Comment

• I sauntered in today with Knebel 2 and Neris 1

I stagger out with news that Kapler (who is a weird guy anyway) wants closer by committee, Knebel BS, and Neris 3-run HR/loss - both with 2 outs
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• One bad pitch (the hit was a swinging bunt, hitter totally fooled), but that's the life of a closer. That being said, regardless of history, there is no way you let Freddie bat there. Period.

EDIT: Hell, they pulled Nola early because they had Freddie kryptonite in Milner who Freddie was 0-a bunch with a bunch of K's against. That ended up with 5-0 becoming 5-2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
            I sauntered in today with Knebel 2 and Neris 1

I stagger out with news that Kapler (who is a weird guy anyway) wants closer by committee, Knebel BS, and Neris 3-run HR/loss - both with 2 outs
            My two closer keepers going into RJEL on Sunday: Claudio and Neris. At least they're pretty cheap and not injured. An ugly start though.

Comment

• "Hell, they pulled Nola early because they had Freddie kryptonite in Milner who Freddie was 0-a bunch with a bunch of K's against."

um, 0 for 5 with 2 K. more like, coincidencite

Kapler is so stupid that he made that move.
              at least he was smart enough to deny it after the game, but still
              finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
              own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
              won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
              RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
              C Stallings 2, Casali 1
              1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
              OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                "Hell, they pulled Nola early because they had Freddie kryptonite in Milner who Freddie was 0-a bunch with a bunch of K's against."

um, 0 for 5 with 2 K. more like, coincidencite

Kapler is so stupid that he made that move.
                at least he was smart enough to deny it after the game, but still
                Something like that. But yeah, Kapler looked like a deer in the headlights by the end of the game. I would compare him to Snitker, but Snitker had been ordered to leave the proceedings by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Dane View Post
                  My two closer keepers going into RJEL on Sunday: Claudio and Neris. At least they're pretty cheap and not injured. An ugly start though.
                  Saturday...Saturday...Saturday. Repeat after me,. the auction is Saturday night.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• How much FAAB would you spend on Strickland?

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                    Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                    Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                      How much FAAB would you spend on Strickland?
                      20%-25%. I don't trust Melancon one bit.

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                        How much FAAB would you spend on Strickland?
                        I'd only drop 5-10% of my budget. I agree with revo about Melancon, but I don't think Strickland will have much of a leash, either. I'm not sure why Dyson has really stunk coming out of the gate two years in a row, but if he gets straightened out like last year, I'd not be surprised if the Giants turn back to him if Strickland struggles at all.
                        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Guessing Strickland and holland will be in the 20s if your faab budget is the typical 100

Comment

• in my NL-only Holland went for 40 (I bid 37, bah) and Strickland 22 (second highest bid was 13)
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

in my NL-only Holland went for 40 (I bid 37, bah) and Strickland 22 (second highest bid was 13)
                              Does your league have a cap?

Comment

in my NL-only Holland went for 40 (I bid 37, bah) and Strickland 22 (second highest bid was 13)
                                Thanks, this is really helpful.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

Working...
                                X