Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
    CLOSER MONKEY:
    Washington Nationals — Dave Martinez confirmed that it’ll be Ryan Madson getting the ninth inning with Kelvin Herrera on the shelf. Justin Miller and Koda Glover will split the set-up role, with Greg Holland lurking as another potential high-leverage option, if he can figure things out. Meanwhile, Sean Doolittle (stress reaction in left foot) has been cleared to throw on flat ground, but is trying not to rush back too soon.

Updated hierarchy: Madson | Miller | Glover.
    I would think Holland only needs 5-6 strong appearances to reclaim the role, but that would only be if Madson gets hurt or fails in the role... in either case, I'd put Holland 2nd, but he'll need a week or two of performing to be handed a save opportunity again.

I like Koda Glover for 2019 and beyond... that name is so good!
    Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Twins trade Rodney to the A's.

Hildenberger and Reed have both been bad lately. I like Hildy but it's a coin flip.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
      Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
      Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Wade Davis gives up 3 ER in 0.1 IP. It's the 3rd time in 4 games that he has given up multiple runs. He may be losing his grip on the closer job with the Rockies fighting for a playoff spot.
        “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Wade Davis gives up 3 ER in 0.1 IP. It's the 3rd time in 4 games that he has given up multiple runs. He may be losing his grip on the closer job with the Rockies fighting for a playoff spot.
          He cost two points in ERA and WHIP last night. His ERA since AS is 13.49.

Comment

• Kenley Jansen hospitalized due to an irregular heartbeat ... expected to miss significant time.

CloserMonkey suggests Scott Alexander - he got the save last night.
            It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

• I assume Scott Alexander >> Jeffress, rest of the year for saves?

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                I assume Scott Alexander >> Jeffress, rest of the year for saves?
                Not if the super nerds have a say in it.
                https://reviewingthebrew.com/2018/08...l-time-closer/

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                  I assume Scott Alexander >> Jeffress, rest of the year for saves?
                  isn't Alexander their only lefty?
                  plus some Maeda chatter out there
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                    Twins trade Rodney to the A's.

Hildenberger and Reed have both been bad lately. I like Hildy but it's a coin flip.
                    Keep an eye on Trevor May. He's been good since coming back up post-TJ.
                    12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                    1B-Cron
                    2B- Villar
                    SS- Andrus
                    3B-Baez
                    MI-L. Gurriel
                    CI- Y.Gurriel
                    OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                    UTIL- Benintendi
                    BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                    SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                    RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                    IL: Buxton

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      isn't Alexander their only lefty?
                      plus some Maeda chatter out there
                      Yes, Maeda made his last start of the season last night. They're moving him to the pen.

Comment

• I would urge people to donate to Closer Monkey, they're running their annual fund drive. Not only does pretty much everyone on this site use the service that they provide, many post verbatim from their emails.

A couple of bucks tossed their way wouldn't hurt...
                        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                        -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Hildenberger got a “save” but it was hideous. Reed prob gets next.
                          12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                          1B-Cron
                          2B- Villar
                          SS- Andrus
                          3B-Baez
                          MI-L. Gurriel
                          CI- Y.Gurriel
                          OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                          UTIL- Benintendi
                          BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                          SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                          RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                          IL: Buxton

Comment

• Alexander starter off the 9th last night. K Cargo then gave up a double to Story. Chargpois comes in and lows the lead giving up a 3-run HR by McMahon. We could see Axford or Baez next. Maybe down the road Maeda? According to Roberts it is 8-man committee. I have no certainty as to who emerges to take over the closer role. Maybe Urias comes off the DL and gets the role

Comment

• Epic meltdown for Madson tonite, blowing a 3-run lead and losing the game, giving up a GW GS after hitting 2 guys to load the bases and once again blowing the win for my pitcher. Nats have had bullpen problems every year for a while now but they never fix them. Perhaps Glover gets the next save opp.

Comment

• Glover got the 8th and Miller warmed up before Bote did the Bote
                                finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                                own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                                won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                                RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                                C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                                1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                                OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Working...
                                X