X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
    And the Red Sox.

J
    Are you suggesting the Sox bullpen is comparable to the Yankees or Brewers? They seem to be going with a committee, that's the not the same as having four to five very capable closers.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
      Are you suggesting the Sox bullpen is comparable to the Yankees or Brewers? They seem to be going with a committee, that's the not the same as having four to five very capable closers.
      The committee is the thing, but don't sell the Red Sox short. There is a reason they did not think they needed a top dollar closer. While Barnes and Brasier may not be A grade, they are still a cut above average.

In other news, PitcherList has a ranking of RP for Sv+Hld leagues.
      Leagues the score both saves and holds grow more prominent each year. This list covers the best relievers for that scoring option.

J
      Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

The committee is the thing, but don't sell the Red Sox short. There is a reason they did not think they needed a top dollar closer. While Barnes and Brasier may not be A grade, they are still a cut above average.

Leagues the score both saves and holds grow more prominent each year. This list covers the best relievers for that scoring option.

J
        Is the reason the luxury tax? I don't disagree that Barnes and Brasier are good pitchers they are still miles away from Chapman and Co.
        I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
          Is the reason the luxury tax? I don't disagree that Barnes and Brasier are good pitchers they are still miles away from Chapman and Co.
          Ottavino might be the best guy on NYY and he's an afterthought, so I get your point, but it isn't miles different. Furlongs maybe, not miles.

J
          Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Ottavino might be the best guy on NYY and he's an afterthought, so I get your point, but it isn't miles different. Furlongs maybe, not miles.

J
            So you would keep Brasier in a $300, 5x5, 6 SP, 5 RP league where keepers are locked in your active lineup? I am bold, but I don't think I am that bold. Sorry, miles.

Comment

• Keith Law of ESPN says the Nats and Kimbrel are progressing towards a deal, which would obviously crush Doolittle's value if it comes to fruition.

Comment

J
                If I am the Sox I would not feel comfortable with my pen. Dumbrowski is notorious for going cheap on the pen.When he was in Detroit, it burned him year after year. Without a lights out closer his pens have really struggled and his answer was to bring in a hard throwing kid and think all is well. If that kid doesn't work bring up someone else or take a retread off the scrap heap. I like Dumbrowski and wish he was still here in Detroit, but bullpens can be his weakness.
                Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                  Keith Law of ESPN says the Nats and Kimbrel are progressing towards a deal, which would obviously crush Doolittle's value if it comes to fruition.
                  Glad I traded for him. Washington is a great landing spot for him

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy Hobbs View Post
                    Glad I traded for him. Washington is a great landing spot for him
                    Brutal for Doolittle owners.

Comment

• Padres lose Jose Castillo, a trendy setup guy, and sign Adam Warren for 1 year, 2.5mil

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                        Padres lose Jose Castillo, a trendy setup guy, and sign Adam Warren for 1 year, 2.5mil

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com...301-story.html
                        Castillo is on the exclude-list thread because of the tightness in the arm. That's a frequent precursor to TJ though it seems they are trying to avoid surgery. He was one suggestion for this year's version of Josh Hader. Warren is not on the same level.

In other news, Closermonkey did a list of holds oriented pitchers.

J
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

• Jeremy Jeffress has shoulder discomfort. Had to leave the game after throwing 3 pitches yesterday.
                          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I really love Knebel this year. Loved him even before the Jeffress news. Knebel sorted himself out and looked nasty down the stretch.

Comment

• I'm a LeClarc fan and think the extension should move him up the rankings. It shows the team is committed to him, which is half the battle with closers. I think he is easily a top 10 closer.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                I really love Knebel this year. Loved him even before the Jeffress news. Knebel sorted himself out and looked nasty down the stretch.
                                Much as I love Hader, Knebel is the guy for saves. Hader is first in my Sv+Hld leagues.

Originally posted by Sour Masher View Post
                                I'm a LeClarc fan and think the extension should move him up the rankings. It shows the team is committed to him, which is half the battle with closers. I think he is easily a top 10 closer.
                                Texas used to own both Jeffress and Knebel. Imagine the bullpen now.

J
                                Ad Astra per Aspera

Comment

Working...
                                X