Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
    Glover got the 8th and Miller warmed up before Bote did the Bote
    Rotoworld reporting that Madson says he was playing hurt. Nice of him to let everyone know.

What a mess that bullpen is.

Wish they'd have held on to Blake Treinen instead of looking for a shiny new toy (or a bunch of old, gimpy ones) ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post
      Rotoworld reporting that Madson says he was playing hurt. Nice of him to let everyone know.

Wish they'd have held on to Blake Treinen instead of looking for a shiny new toy (or a bunch of old, gimpy ones) ....
      Agreed. But I think Herrera was a good pick up for them, that should have worked out. They are too thin, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boone View Post

It's worse when you own 2 shares of Doolittle and traded for/added Madson in both. I was able to drop him for WSmith in one but with limited moves in the other I'm not sure what my next move is. Glover? One of the MIN guys? Maeda (I added Alexander last week).

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
        Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
        Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• More mess from the Dodgers' pen as Alexander blows a 2-1 lead in the 9th and gives up a total of 4 runs, altho the last run was unearned, and never did get the last out.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
            I think you're right, but he's been so incredibly valuable in the role he has today, I'd not be entirely surprised if the team does not change his role.
            I disagree. He has been pretty exceptional as a reliever, I don't think they'll put him in the rotation, unless they absolutely have to next year. I just don't see it.
            I know in my heart that man is good. That what is right will always eventually triumph and there is purpose and worth to each and every life.

Ronald Reagan

Comment

• Originally posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
              I disagree. He has been pretty exceptional as a reliever, I don't think they'll put him in the rotation, unless they absolutely have to next year. I just don't see it.
              I agree. Most teams take an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" approach. It would be bold of the Brewers to convert him. Not necessarily wrong, though. Different sort of pitcher, but Hader seems to have the talent to convert into a top end guy like Johan Santana did.

Comment

• Two guys almost on death row, C.Allen and W.Davis, seem to be righting the ship.
                12-team mixed keeper. 6x6 (OBP, QS the extra categories).

C- J.McCann
                1B-Cron
                2B- Villar
                SS- Andrus
                3B-Baez
                MI-L. Gurriel
                CI- Y.Gurriel
                OF- Blackmon, Judge, Betts, Dom.Santana
                UTIL- Benintendi
                BENCH: Pence, Dyson
                SP: Verlander, Scherzer, M. Boyd, JA Happ, Ponce de Leon
                RP: Yates, Greene, C.Martinez, Oberg, Bummer, N.Anderson
                IL: Buxton

Comment

• Jose LeClerc up to May 28:

18 IP, 7 H, 20 K, 12 BB.

After May 28:

27.2 IP, 15 H, 46 K, 8 BB

I dug through his game logs and found this split... the K/BB improvement is awesome. I held Kela $1 in spring and picked up $3 LeClerc as a handcuff... feeling smug now.
                  Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Chapman experienced flareup in his left knee
                    Aroldis Chapman's left knee flared up on him again Tuesday and he will likely undergo an MRI.

Chapman was removed from an appearance Tuesday night against the Marlins after throwing just six pitches. He also battled left knee discomfort in early July and skipped the All-Star Game to rest it. If he requires an extended absence, Dellin Betances or David Robertson could fill in at closer for the Yankees, though Robertson is currently experiencing some minor tenderness in his right shoulder. There should be more information available on the Yankees' late-inning situation by Wednesday evening.

Comment

• And Robertson reportedly has some shoulder soreness, too...my money's on Betances.

C- J.McCann
                      1B-Cron
                      2B- Villar
                      SS- Andrus
                      3B-Baez
                      MI-L. Gurriel
                      CI- Y.Gurriel
                      UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                        And Robertson reportedly has some shoulder soreness, too...my money's on Betances.
                        It's my understanding that Robertson's shoulder issue is minor, that is if any shoulder issue can be minor :unsure:

Comment

• The same day that AJ Hinch announced that the Astros were making Osuna the closer, Osuna came in to start the 8th in a two-run game, gave up three hits and a run in his inning along with three strikeouts, and then Rondon came in and closed it out on nine pitches, so who the hell knows.
                          In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

• Originally posted by mjl View Post
                            The same day that AJ Hinch announced that the Astros were making Osuna the closer, Osuna came in to start the 8th in a two-run game, gave up three hits and a run in his inning along with three strikeouts, and then Rondon came in and closed it out on nine pitches, so who the hell knows.
                            Osuna was warming for the 7th because of matchups. I still believe this.

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                            Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                            Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                              Osuna was warming for the 7th because of matchups. I still believe this.
                              Lot of good those matchups did him!

I traded for both Chapman and Osuna, so I'm hoping Osuna nails down 5-10 saves down the stretch.
                              Larry David was once being heckled, long before any success. Heckler says "I'm taking my dog over to fuck your mother, weekly." Larry responds "I hate to tell you this, but your dog isn't liking it."

Comment

• Yankees placed LHP Aroldis Chapman on the 10-day disabled list with left knee tendinitis.

Chapman had another knee flareup on Tuesday night during a 12th-inning appearance against the Marlins and will take at least 10 days off for rest and treatment. Dellin Betances would appear to be the best bet for saves in New York while Chapman is down, as David Robertson has been experiencing some shoulder tenderness lately. Zach Britton could be an option too, though he hasn't been all that sharp since the Yankees acquired him from the Orioles in late July.

C- J.McCann
                                1B-Cron
                                2B- Villar
                                SS- Andrus
                                3B-Baez
                                MI-L. Gurriel
                                CI- Y.Gurriel
                                UTIL- Benintendi

Comment

Working...
                                X