No announcement yet.

2K19: Closer and Bullpen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ryan Tepera to the DL with right elbow inflammation. Clippard got the save last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
      With the Rays up by a run, Romo gets the first two outs in the 9th and then gets the quick hook after he gives up a single. Then Alvarado comes in for the one out vulture save. I know Romo's only blown save the past month was against these same Astros, but geez does this mean he no longer gets to close against Houston?

Signed,
      disappointed Romo owner
      Yay, Kevin Cash let Romo get all three outs (1-2-3) in the ninth today for his 7th save. Romo finishes with a 1.38 era and 0.77 whip for the month of June after putting up some ugly numbers the first two months.
      Last edited by madducks; 06-30-2018, 06:53 PM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• the Brewers brought in a new guy in the 9th today who whiffed Eugenio Suarez, but he allowed 2 runs.

plus he's 38 years old. and a catcher. folks, keep an eye on Erik Kratz!
        finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
        own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
        won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
        RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
        C Stallings 2, Casali 1
        1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
        OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

• Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
          the Brewers brought in a new guy in the 9th today who whiffed Eugenio Suarez, but he allowed 2 runs.

plus he's 38 years old. and a catcher. folks, keep an eye on Erik Kratz!
          Yeah, apparently Craig Counsel has eased up on using (overusing) Josh Hader. After pitching 15 innings each month in April & May, Hader finishes June with 8.2 IP. His WHIP has also been climbing steadily each month at 0.47 - 0.87 - 1.15, so hopefully that trend starts to reverse with the extra rest. The 2 K's or so per inning have remained though, which is nice.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Counsell is the best manager I can recall for handling a talented bullpen. he leaned hard on Hader with Knebel on DL - then dialed it back when Knebel returned.

C Stallings 2, Casali 1
            1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17

Comment

• Hand w a very shaky outing but nice "save" of a save. W a 4-1 lead, he allowed 2B, 2B, 3B to the 1st 3 batters. Then, amazingly, he did not allow the runner on 3B to score and got the next 3 hitters, K'ing the last one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Msaint View Post
                Someone beat me to him last night. Who are the top spec guys out there right now either due to potential trade or performance? I'll throw out a couple:

SF: Maronta and Watson. Dyson not getting it done. (Assume Melancon is owned in most leagues)
                SD: Yates? Hand could be dealt. (See what I did there?)
                NYM: Swarzak/Gsellman.
                MIA: Steckenrider. He's super cheap and Claw could be dealt?
                BAL: Givens? Britton and Brach both trade candidates.
                CHW: Fry? Soria has been mostly good, could see Sox trading him.
                TEX: Martin? Kela and Diekman both trade candidates?
                TB: Roe or Alvarado? Maybe they move Romo?

Anyone else?
                MIN: Hildenberger or Reed

Ottawa Triple Eh's | P.I.M.P.S. | 14 team keep forever
                Champions 16,21 | Runner up 17,19-20

The FOS (retired) | MTARBL | 12 team AL 5x5
                Champions 01,05,17 | Runner up 13-15,20

Comment

• Originally posted by virgonomic View Post
                  MIN: Hildenberger or Reed
                  Hildenberger at this point, but the way they're playing, they may not get another save opportunity.
                  "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                  - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                  -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Who's the better play for the year for saves between Melancon or Tony Watson? I can only keep one.

Comment

• Shane Greene to the DL, Joe Jimenez expected to fill in.

Comment

• Originally posted by whalewang View Post
                        Who's the better play for the year for saves between Melancon or Tony Watson? I can only keep one.
                        Probably Melancon. For the moment at least, Will Smith seems to be the LH of choice for save opps.

Comment

• Originally posted by B-Fly View Post
                          Shane Greene to the DL, Joe Jimenez expected to fill in.
                          Jimenez blows it with a horrible 9th inning. Up one he gives up a hit and 3 walks to walk in the tying run.
                          Its not what you've got. Its what you give.
                          Its not the life you choose. Its the life you live--TESLA

Princess Kate-Kate Marie Hrischuk 9/12/00-1/27/07

Comment

• Originally posted by Vecmizer View Post
                            Jimenez blows it with a horrible 9th inning. Up one he gives up a hit and 3 walks to walk in the tying run.
                            Keep your eye on Lou Coleman
                            One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Jeffers 5 JRamirez 39 Vaughn 16 WFranco 15 Semien 26 Lowe 5 Rengifo 6 R Lewis 10 Alvarez 39 Carpenter 10 P Lopez 6 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                              Probably Melancon. For the moment at least, Will Smith seems to be the LH of choice for save opps.
                              agreed

C Stallings 2, Casali 1

Comment

• If Melancon cannot consistently prove he can close like he did prior to last season Smith has an excellent chance moving into and keeping the role of closer. I wouldn't be surprise to see this. Smith has been dominant.

Comment

Working...
                                X