Luke Warm Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revo View Post
    Probably time to change the thread title to "Ice Cold Stove." With just under a month until pitchers & catchers report, only FOUR of the top 17 free agents have signed. I don't care what the reason is, this is ridiculous.
    and maybe teams are just controlling info better but there aren't any real leads or rumours on the big names ... 6 teams are in on Darvish, maybe more ... Arrieta, who knows ??? ... JDM - Boston, but surely there are others in on him ... who knows where Holland lands now ... but Curtis Granderson & Brian Duensing are off the board, that's good I suppose ... it sure is strange ...
    It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I read this at another site. I think the comment section is more enlightening than the article...

Comment

Finally, a significant announcement ... maybe this will trigger the clearing of the logjam ...

Originally posted by rotoworld
        The Mets announced Friday that Tim Tebow will be invited to spring training again this year.
        It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Rotoworld is reporting that the Brewers have made a formal offer for Darvish. No details yet.

Come on Cubs step it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Rotoworld is reporting that the Brewers have made a formal offer for Darvish. No details yet.

Come on Cubs step it up!
            And Jerry Crasnick is reporting they’re also close on a trade of one of their OFers.

Comment

And Jerry Crasnick is reporting they’re also close on a trade of one of their OFers.
              Trading Braun would free up some money for Darvish. So that would make sense.
              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

That seems ambiguous right now. It makes sense for them to trade one, but the wording, and some rumors, suggest they could actually be trading FOR one. I guess we will know which one soon enough. Logically, your interpretation is right, but it isn't clear at the moment, based on the treet:

"Hearing some buzz that the #Brewers are getting close to a trade. No more details at present, but they’ve been discussing outfielders with multiple clubs."

Comment

supposedly sayonara to Santana
                  finished 10th in this 37th yr in 11-team-only NL 5x5
                  own picks 1, 2, 5, 6, 9 in April 2022 1st-rd farmhand draft
                  won in 2017 15 07 05 04 02 93 90 84

SP SGray 16, TWalker 10, AWood 10, Price 3, KH Kim 2, Corbin 10
                  RP Bednar 10, Bender 10, Graterol 2
                  C Stallings 2, Casali 1
                  1B Votto 10, 3B ERios 2, 1B Zimmerman 2, 2S Chisholm 5, 2B Hoerner 5, 2B Solano 2, 2B LGarcia 10, SS Gregorius 17
                  OF Cain 14, Bader 1, Daza 1

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                    Love to read this says the new Keon Broxton owner.

Comment

Originally posted by Judge Jude View Post
                      Part of the package for Yelich?

Comment

Come on Cubs step it up!
                        Two days ago it was reported that the Cubs were the preferred destination for Darvish. He was stalling to get either a 5th year or a bit more money. The rumor is 4 year 100m.

Yesterday it was reported that Darvish says he wants to play for the Dodgers and is waiting to see if they can move some money to accommodate him.

Comment

If a few months ago you told me we'd still have so many players unsigned heading into February...I'd have wondered why you brought the subject up out of the blue . But seriously, this is crazy.

Comment

Two days ago it was reported that the Cubs were the preferred destination for Darvish. He was stalling to get either a 5th year or a bit more money. The rumor is 4 year 100m.

Yesterday it was reported that Darvish says he wants to play for the Dodgers and is waiting to see if they can move some money to accommodate him.
                            Another report I read said he preferred Texas.

Seems like all of it is likely posturing

Comment

Did Hosmer really have 7/140 on the table from the Padres? If so why the hell hasn't he taken it?

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                                Did Hosmer really have 7/140 on the table from the Padres? If so why the hell hasn't he taken it?
                                I'm not sure if $140MM was really on the table. The only thing I've been able to discern for sure is Hosmer/Boras are pushing for an 8-year deal. Which I think is madness. OTOH, Boras seems to pull a rabbit out of his hat on these kinds of waiting games about 2 times in 3, so why not try?
                                I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Working...
                                X