Luke Warm Stove

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Luke Warm Stove

Is it me or is this the slowest Hot Stove (up to this date) we have had in years?

Come on already!

Gregg, I served with Luke Warm Stove. I knew Luke Warm Stove. Luke Warm Stove was a friend of mine. Gregg, you're no Luke Warm Stove.
    "Jesus said to them, 'Truly I tell you, the tax collectors and the prostitutes are going into the kingdom of God ahead of you.'"

Comment

I'm pretty sure Luke Warm Stove was one of the Navajo Code Talkers...
      One league, 28 years, 9 championships. AL 4X4

Current Lineup:

Ohoppe 2 Rutschman 22 JRamirez 40 Dezenzo 5 Lewis 6 Semien 26 Torres 20 Hamilton 10 Tucker 42 Cowser 1 Meadows 5 Holliday 17 Andujar 10 Robert 28 P Lopez 8 G Rodriguez 5 Ragans 5 Holmes 10 JDuran 10 McArthur 1 Miller 6 Crochet 10 Crawford 1

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Seitzer View Post
        Gregg, I served with Luke Warm Stove. I knew Luke Warm Stove. Luke Warm Stove was a friend of mine. Gregg, you're no Luke Warm Stove.
        Monique Clark and Luke Stove's Wedding Website - The Knot

Comment

Originally posted by cool hand View Post
          I'm pretty sure Luke Warm Stove was one of the Navajo Code Talkers...
          Solid play. Takes one Luke to know another.

Comment

Originally posted by Gregg View Post
            Is it me or is this the slowest Hot Stove (up to this date) we have had in years?

Come on already!
            Just read an article that confirms how slow this hot stove season has been: in past years, usually 5-8 of MLB Trade Rumors top 10 free agents sign by January 1, but so far this year only TWO have signed.

Comment

just an observation - in past years I've found most free agents sign by mid January; I remember reading an interview with someone a few years ago stating that he needed to work out logistics for spring training - accommodations, travel, family stuff, etc, so had set jan 15 as a personal deadline. I expect a flurry of activity over the next 7-10 days.
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

if Hosmer really has two 7 year offers on the table ($140M & $147M), he's gotta be signed this evening, right? I mean, he's a very good 1B, but 7 years good???
                It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
                  if Hosmer really has two 7 year offers on the table ($140M & $147M), he's gotta be signed this evening, right? I mean, he's a very good 1B, but 7 years good???
                  Yep, he should have signed one of those already.

Comment

I have zero idea what the Padres are thinking if they're willing to give him 7 years at over 20 million. He's not exactly a slappy, but he's not the power threat that you want/need at 1st. And it significantly weakens their defense by moving Myers back to the OF...
                    "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                    - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                    -Warren Ellis

Comment

Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                      I have zero idea what the Padres are thinking if they're willing to give him 7 years at over 20 million. He's not exactly a slappy, but he's not the power threat that you want/need at 1st. And it significantly weakens their defense by moving Myers back to the OF...
                      Listening to high heat, they had on the local sd beat writer who said "the padre payroll was roughly $60,000,000 in 2017...now they want to give 1/3 of their 2018 payroll to a first baseman?"

Didn't make sense to him and doesn't make sense to me.

7 years?!

Over $20,000,000 per?!

Just crazy for hosmer.

Comment

my guess is that he loves the idea of playing in SoCal & is trying to get them to up their offer (latest rumour is that the Pads offer is 7 yrs but not at 20mil per); if they don't match I'm thinking Hosmer signs with KC tonight.

Comment

my guess is that he loves the idea of playing in SoCal & is trying to get them to up their offer (latest rumour is that the Pads offer is 7 yrs but not at 20mil per); if they don't match I'm thinking Hosmer signs with KC tonight.
                          This is really the thing which bothers me about pro athletes. If, Greg, you are correct in that the offer is hypothetically $18,000,000 per for seven seasons AND hosmer WANTS to play in California AND sd won't increase their offer, why not just take it?

Does hosmer really think a contract for $125,000,000 instead of $140,000,00 combined with what he has already earned in his career means his family is going hungry? That he can't afford the travel (flying his family in on occasional road trips)? Some other mystical reason?

And people, please do not tell me $15,000,000 is a lot to leave on the table. In a vacuum, yes but not when at the end of the contract you'll have accumulated close to $200,000,000 for your career.

Happiness beats all else people...

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                            This is really the thing which bothers me about pro athletes. If, Greg, you are correct in that the offer is hypothetically $18,000,000 per for seven seasons AND hosmer WANTS to play in California AND sd won't increase their offer, why not just take it?

Does hosmer really think a contract for $125,000,000 instead of $140,000,00 combined with what he has already earned in his career means his family is going hungry? That he can't afford the travel (flying his family in on occasional road trips)? Some other mystical reason?

And people, please do not tell me $15,000,000 is a lot to leave on the table. In a vacuum, yes but not when at the end of the contract you'll have accumulated close to $200,000,000 for your career.

Maybe he thinks another 15M makes him happy?

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post

hey, he has two solid offers on the table, all he has to do is wait & see what happens. why not?

Comment

Working...
                              X