2017 - free agent thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mjl View Post
    I think part of the concept for these leagues is that you make up for the draft by paying more attention to free agent pickups than the people you're playing with. So just assume that if Bellinger gets called back up you'll get him first anyway.
    Yeah, that is the main thing with these leagues. You need to pay very close attention to who is available. I might have made a mistake because I waived Bellinger for Josh Harrison and now it looks like Bellinger might not get sent down.

From RotoWorld:

Dodgers manager Dave Roberts noted late Tuesday that Cody Bellinger has "done everything he can" to stick around in the majors.
    Roberts told reporters last week that Bellinger would return to Triple-A Oklahoma City once Franklin Gutierrez (hamstring) and Joc Pederson (groin) come off the disabled list. Gutierrez is already back and Pederson is due to be activated Friday, but Bellinger continues to deliver big hits for Los Angeles, going 2-for-4 with a triple, two runs scored, and three RBI in Tuesday's victory over the Giants. "Cody’s done everything he can that he wants to continue this opportunity," said Roberts. "Tip your hat to him for the way he plays the game. ... A lot can happen between now and Friday and even with that we have not made a final decision." Maybe the kid should get more action at first base, spelling veteran Adrian Gonzalez.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Pauly View Post
      Decent players are getting dropped like crazy and I have turned over just about the entire lineup. That said, still not seeing a lot of ROI yet - in 11th place.

C- d'Arnaud
      1B: Adrian G., Bird
      2B- C.Hernandez, Drury
      3B- Castellanos, Moncada
      SS- Gyorko
      OF: Dickerson, Margot, Pence, Judge, O.Herrera
      SP: Kennedy, T.Walker, M.Moore, Severino, Nova, Urias, A.Sanchez
      RP: M.Bush, Lorenzen, Doolittle
      Im up to 10th and psyched that I have 2 real closers now. This lineup almost looks solid

C- Hedges
      1B- Hosmer
      2B- C.Hernandez, Drury
      3B- Castellanos, Moncada
      SS- Gyorko
      OF: Dickerson, Margot, Judge, O.Herrera, Pillar
      SP: Nova, Severino, Odorizzi, T.Walker, M.Moore, Wacha, Urias, Griffin
      RP: M.Bush, Knebel, Rosenthal

Comment

I have two teams ... and doing well with one of them (so far).

Team A (11th place out of 12; I've made almost 4x as many transactions as the team with the second most transactions)
        c- Hedges (W. Castillo on the DL)
        1B - Alonso
        2B - Gyorko
        3B - H. Perez
        SS - Crawford
        OF - Pillar, Broxton, Schebler, Dickerson, Conforto
        SP - Lynn, E. Rodriguez, Triggs, Hahn, Berrios, Gausman, Holland
        RP - Norris, Kelley, Neris
        Bench - VMart, Inciarte, Castellanos

Team B (2nd place out of 12!!!! (5.5 points out of 1st); once again, by far, I have the most transactions)
        C - Molina (Castillo on the DL)
        1B - M. Gonzalez
        2B - Odor
        3B - Shaw
        SS - A. Cabrera
        OF - Bellinger, Altherr, Bell, Conforto, H. Perez
        SP - Wood, Quintana, McCarthy, Senzatela, Hahn, Samardzija, Eickhoff
        RP - Knebel, Norris, Kelley, Law
        Bench- Schoop, VMart
        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Schwarber was dropped in my league. I've got the #8 waiver spot but I'm going to try to claim him. He's gotta come around and C is always such a hard spot to fill.

Comment

Up to sixth place and rising...think I found the right combo. Added the recently dropped Brian McCann and Alex Cobb for Urias. Only a few points out of 4th!

Comment

my roto team is mired between 10th & 11th ... improving but not moving in the standings.

but my H2H team moved into 1st today!!! This week I'm facing the team that was in 1st last week, so this will be a good test.

I been able to pick up Bour, Zobrist, Maybin, & Berrios over the past few weeks ...
              It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Stuck in 12th! The only team I've beaten were in 1st!
                No one will trade with me

Comment

IF my team can stay semi-competitive until late July (it's a big if, my team is still in 11th), my rotation will then start Syndergaard-Severino-Duffy-Estrada ... would be nice ...
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

I just made a trade I don't feel great about, but I need some bats if I'm going to make up any more ground.

Trade: Severino and Ervin Santana for Corey Dickerson and Lance Lynn

I figure Santana and Lynn are close to a wash the rest of the way, and I hate to lose Severino, but it's not like there are a lot of owners paying attention right now. Assuming the trade isn't vetoed, my team coming out of the break will be:

C Vogt
                    1B Hanley
                    2B Gordon
                    SS Owings
                    3B Villar
                    OF C Dickerson, Starling Marte, Lo Cain, D Peralta
                    UT R Zimmerman, Mark Reynolds
                    BN - Broxton
                    DL - Ian Desmond

SP - Duffy, Tai Walker, Lynn, J Vargas, Cahill
                    RP - Justin Wilson, Bud Norris, A Reed, Rodney, Jim Johnson
                    DL - Kela

What I really need to do is trade some speed and saves for a good SP and a good power bat, but so far no takers. Right now I'm in 5th with 73.5 points but I had been as high as 80. AVG, HR and RBI are my weak points. HRs are definitely not out of reach though - I have 112, and there are teams with 121, 122, 122, 127 and 130. I'm already tied for the league lead in steals and that was before I added Villar last week. Even though I need AVG I think I have to deal Gordon unless someone will bite on Broxton.

Comment

So - anyone close in these leagues?

My roto team is mired between 9th & 10th - SP has been the death of me - I've tried streaming SPs but have had no success at all (every SP seems to implode just when I've added him, even when they're up against San Diego or the White Sox).

But my H2H team is in 3rd & should be good for a solid playoff spot. Surprises like Marwin Gonzales, Zach Cosart, Rafael Devers, even Joey Gallo have been fun to watch ... and on the P side I'm stringing together a mediocre rotation but with a killer bullpen (Knebel, Rivero, Doolitle, Dyson, & Miller). Hopefully they can keep it going through Sept.

Comment

Hmmm. I'm 4th with a shot at 3rd and in the playoffs. I also have Knebel, Doolittle, and Miller and traded away Rivero.

The SP is a bit better than mediocre, buoyed by a trade. I made three trades with one guy, totaling 17 players. Mostly it boils down to Judge for Brian Dozier and Jake Arrieta. Two of the guys I traded away, Mitch Haniger and Jorge Polanco, were subsequently dropped and are back on my team. I also picked up Marwin (traded) and Gallo to go with Chris Taylor, Rhys Hoskins and Byron Buxton.

Is anyone else in H2H playoffs?

J
                        Last edited by onejayhawk; 09-05-2017, 12:38 AM.
                        Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

Originally posted by onejayhawk View Post
                          Hmmm. I'm 4th with a shot at 3rd and in the playoffs. I also have Knebel, Doolittle, and Miller and traded away Rivero.

The SP is a bit better than mediocre, buoyed by a trade. I made three trades with one guy, totaling 17 players. Mostly it boils down to Judge for Brian Dozier and Jake Arrieta. Two of the guys I traded away, Mitch Haniger and Jorge Polanco, were subsequently dropped and are back on my team. I also picked up Marwin (traded) and Gallo to go with Chris Taylor, Rhys Hoskins and Byron Buxton.

Is anyone else in H2H playoffs?

J
                          yep, I'm tied for 3rd (had an update in the other thread) ... have a few guys getting cold tho the past couple of weeks which is cause for concern (cozart, devers, marwin, a few others) ... picked up Luke Weaver recently , he's helping the SP ... we'll see how this turns out ...

Comment

the regular season ended yesterday in H2H; I ended up in a three way tie for 2nd but lost the tiebreakers so ended up in 4th. I needed one run which I had until late in the nightcap ... oh well, on to the playoffs.

in the regular roto league I'm stuck in 8th so that's pretty much over; never could get out of deep holes in BA, ERA & ratio.

Comment

Finishing top half in ROTO is an accomplishment. The early season holes are so deep.

J
                              Ad Astra per Aspera

Oh. In that case, never mind. - Wonderboy

GITH fails logic 101. - bryanbutler

Bah...OJH caught me. - Pogues

I don't know if you guys are being willfully ignorant, but... - Judge Jude

Comment

won the quarter final round, going 8-1-1. This week in the semis I'm up against the #1 team. The guy has a killer lineup, I'm gonna have to have a big week to make it into the finals - hopefully my Matt Olson stays hot & his Rhys Hoskins gets cold.

Comment

Working...
                                X