2017 - free agent thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, thanks guys.
    I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by TranaGreg View Post
      tough call - I think I'd wait on Watson too. Casilla was picked up in my league in the middle of the night.

I was 1 for 22 yesterday. This gonna be some work.
      Vogt homered and Asdrubal Cabrera stole a base yesterday. We were 8 for 28. Trienen even got a save. I'm sure there will be plenty of rough days ahead.

Comment

Watson cleared waivers and I picked him up. Thanks for the help!

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

another choice - I'm toying with picking up Gallo & dropping Gurriel today. After seeing his HR yesterday (a prodigious shot), I'm wondering if he might get more ABs even when Beltre returns. If he has a hot April he'd be a good guy to try to flip. Probably worth a gamble & it doesn't seem like Gurriel will take the job & run with it ... the only thing is that Gallo's only eligible at Util.
          It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

another choice - I'm toying with picking up Gallo & dropping Gurriel today. After seeing his HR yesterday (a prodigious shot), I'm wondering if he might get more ABs even when Beltre returns. If he has a hot April he'd be a good guy to try to flip. Probably worth a gamble & it doesn't seem like Gurriel will take the job & run with it ... the only thing is that Gallo's only eligible at Util.
            He should get 3B after 4 more games, right? I think it's worth a gamble. I dropped Thames for him just now. Gallo is the perfect high risk high reward guy you need for this.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Yeah, I think Gallo is the guy you have to get. Is Yuli *really* that different from Josh Bell or CJ Cron or any other guy who will be on the WW in a month? The Rangers don't really have a long-term LF (they have Profar and Deshields) so maybe if Gallo sticks he takes over that role.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                Yeah, I think Gallo is the guy you have to get. Is Yuli *really* that different from Josh Bell or CJ Cron or any other guy who will be on the WW in a month? The Rangers don't really have a long-term LF (they have Profar and Deshields) so maybe if Gallo sticks he takes over that role.
                Gallo is the upside play but also very risky. Gallo will be sent down next week when Beltre returns from the DL. While I agree that Profar and Deshields (and Rua) are not sexy names, they are trying to get all 3 playing time, at least at the start of the season. Too many mouths to feed, none of them will likely be fantasy relevant.

(Rangers homer)

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                  Gallo is the perfect high risk high reward guy you need for this.
                  Yep. The only way to compete in a f-a league is to get lucky on a few guys like this. Besides, I'll know pretty quick whether he's worth hanging on to.
                  It certainly feels that way. But I'm distrustful of that feeling and am curious about evidence.

Comment

Yep. The only way to compete in a f-a league is to get lucky on a few guys like this. Besides, I'll know pretty quick whether he's worth hanging on to.
                    Agree with the premise of playing for upside in this kind of league, but Gallo is almost guaranteed to spend significant time in the minors. He isn't going to take over for Beltre permanently, and there's no room in the crowded OF.

Have you guys picked up Graveman in these leagues? He seems like a good target.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                      Agree with the premise of playing for upside in this kind of league, but Gallo is almost guaranteed to spend significant time in the minors. He isn't going to take over for Beltre permanently, and there's no room in the crowded OF.

Have you guys picked up Graveman in these leagues? He seems like a good target.
                      if he hits another 3 or 4 moonshots in the next week, any chance he sees time at DH?

I have Graveman on my watchlist ... not jumping just yet (at least in my league the waiver wire/free agents seems to have a reasonable collection of SP's) ... power on the other hand is at a big premium

Comment

if he hits another 3 or 4 moonshots in the next week, any chance he sees time at DH?

I have Graveman on my watchlist ... not jumping just yet (at least in my league the waiver wire/free agents seems to have a reasonable collection of SP's) ... power on the other hand is at a big premium
                        The problem with Gallo from a fantasy perspective is that the Rangers are not willing to let him platoon or split ABs. They think he still has room to develop so they want to get him ABs, which means, once everyone is fully healthy (specifically Beltre), Gallo will very likely spend time in the minors.

I would not wait to jump on Graveman.

Comment

I was 1 for 22 yesterday. This gonna be some work.
                          ... and 2 for 37 yesterday. sheesh. is there a name for .100? a DemiMendoza?

edit: that probably should be a medioMendoza.
                          Last edited by TranaGreg; 04-06-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

hey, my intentionally auctioned team is hitting .163 for the season. you're not doing so bad.
                            In the best of times, our days are numbered, anyway. And it would be a crime against Nature for any generation to take the world crisis so solemnly that it put off enjoying those things for which we were presumably designed in the first place, and which the gravest statesmen and the hoarsest politicians hope to make available to all men in the end: I mean the opportunity to do good work, to fall in love, to enjoy friends, to sit under trees, to read, to hit a ball and bounce the baby.

Comment

I've started so I'll finish.
                              My league has been disaster after disaster.
                              Joined one so late that there was no 'free' waiver time before season start.
                              Straight into match ups.
                              Then realized it was an 'Add 6' a week league...
                              So the minimum squad size is 18, it will take me 3 weeks to even fill a squad, outside of trading 1 for 2.
                              But sure, who do I have to trade yet...I have 6 players.
                              To add to the issues, its a 'Daily - Tomorrow' league. It's a personal thing, but I hate that setting!
                              I have my work cut out!
                              but its a 12 man, 6 make the play off league! So still a bit of hope.

Comment

In order to help my trading cause, which Minor Leaguer should I be picking up off waivers that:
                                1) Garners interest
                                AND
                                2) Could be up soon

When I say soon, I am thinking end of April.....

Comment

Working...
                                X