No announcement yet.

2017 RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just FYI, I'll be on a plane tomorrow afternoon with possible internet access, not sure. So best to send picks to someone else if need be.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
      Just FYI, I'll be on a plane tomorrow afternoon with possible internet access, not sure. So best to send picks to someone else if need be.
      You can PM them to me. I check frequently AND we don't have practice tomorrow - game day!
      "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
      "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
      WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
      PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Great pick, Chance! I don't think Dyson is a reach here. Billy Hamilton-lite.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
          Great pick, Chance! I don't think Dyson is a reach here. Billy Hamilton-lite.
          I doubt he leads off but agree it's a good pick for his team.
          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Ugh! Chancellor! Dyson ..... #%@& it!

(nice pick ... sigh)
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Where do you stand on an over/under of 27 dingers for Tommy Joseph this year?

Gotta like the park - he hit 21 bombs in a little over 300 ABs last year.

Comment

• 27 seems like a good number to me actually. Was hoping he'd make it to my next pick.

Comment

• Killed me to pass on Paxton.

Comment

• I'm in Florida for the next week. Please text me at 2018503954 when I'm up!

Comment

• Still trying to figure out a plan after Chancellor picked up Dyson .... wasn't planning on a pitcher here (Odorizzi), but seems like there was a little run on the pitchers I liked.

H. Perez intrigued me, but I had already rolled the dice with the pick of Peraza and didn't think I should roster two super utility players this early.

Comment

• The few picks after mine were all considerations. Odorizzi is a great pick here, and yeah, I like Ellsbury's value here too.

Comment

• Odorizzi is a great pick. Was thinking about him over Napoli, but wanted one more power guy more.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Grichuk was on my short list. But, i had a greater need for a shortstop.
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• How will Cron's playing time be affected by the Angels signing of Luis Valbuena? Is it realistic that he (Cron) gets 400 ABs if healthy?

Comment

• Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                                How will Cron's playing time be affected by the Angels signing of Luis Valbuena? Is it realistic that he (Cron) gets 400 ABs if healthy?
                                There have been rumors that Cron or Escobar may get traded. Escobar being in his contract year would make more sense than Cron who is under team control for four more years. Also, Valbuena is more of a 3B than a 1B. The Angels are most likely waiting to see how soon Pujols can make it back from his foot surgery before they make any moves.

Cron hit LHP and RHP equally well his first two years. But last year he improved vs RHP while regressing against LHP. That may have been due to his returning too soon from the broken hand he suffered at mid season. I'm sure that the Angels want to see what this former first round draft choice can do with a full season of at bats.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X