No announcement yet.

2017 RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stanton around 40th pick - oh how the mighty have fallen - or slipped through?

Comment

• Originally posted by swampdragon View Post
      Stanton around 40th pick - oh how the mighty have fallen - or slipped through?
      Everyone's hitting homers, and he put up another year without 500 ABs. Some day he's going to deliver on that potential, but when? He's certainly worth the risk, because he can give you the HRs in half his games, but his R/RBI totals will still suck. He also hit .240 last year which I'm sure scared a lot of investors away.

2012 (I'll certainly take it at pick 40): 501 PA, .290-37-86
      2013: 425 PA, .249-24-62
      2014 (the dream scenario): 638 PA, .288-37-105
      2015: 318 PA, .265-27-67
      2016: 470 PA, .240-27-74

Comment

• I think 3rd round in a 16-team league is about right. He has prodigious upside, but also has a proven track record of underperforming expectations due to injuries.
        I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Regarding Stanton, his main calling card is a stat that is increasingly easy to come by (power). BA is neutral for fantasy purposes (.270 won't help you or hurt you really) and no steals. If we "knew" he'd play close to a full season that's one thing but as it is it's hard to pencil him in for any more than 30 HRs without assuming full health. Like him, but agree back end of 3rd round is about right imo.

Comment

• damn, sniped on Cueto & Gordo!

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
              4.08 - David Price, SP, BOS

I don't think he'll be nearly as bad as he was last year.
              I was between Price and Gordon.

Comment

• Originally posted by benjamincarm View Post
                I was between Price and Gordon.
                I wanted Gordon, but you sniped me. I think that last year will be chalked up as a lost season, and he'll leg out a .300 average and 60 steals.

Think of him as a Hamilton who can hit...
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Nice pick on Polanco - I share your views on the upside and potential probability of reaching it TY

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                    Nice pick on Polanco - I share your views on the upside and potential probability of reaching it TY
                    I was considering Polanco but wanted what I considered was one of the last starters in the "elite" tier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                      Nice pick on Polanco - I share your views on the upside and potential probability of reaching it TY
                      Thanks...Getting Kershaw really allows me to do some zigging when other have to zag.
                      "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                      - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                      -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                        I wanted Gordon, but you sniped me. I think that last year will be chalked up as a lost season, and he'll leg out a .300 average and 60 steals.

Think of him as a Hamilton who can hit...
                        That's my hope, Matre and Gordon really help stabilize steals and I can concentrate on the late power instead of chasing steals.

Comment

• I was considering Schwarber over Hanley, so I'm glad to see that I was not completely off base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            Thanks...Getting Kershaw really allows me to do some zigging when other have to zag.
                            Wait. You mean we HAVE to draft pitchers?
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• I too was hoping for cueto
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• I considered Britton when looking at closers. But, i just felt like Britton's 2016 was an outlier and think that his numbers will return to his mere mortal levels of 2015 which are also great and more comparable to what Melancon provides. I just have a feeling that with the Giants potentially low scoring offense along with their solid defense and great starting pitching, Melancon may see a career high in save opportunities this year.
                                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X