No announcement yet.

2017 RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• chancellor drafts his first pitcher in the 5th round. is that typical for him (based on an earlier post when he asked if we had to draft pitchers )?
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Originally posted by kawaise View Post
      chancellor drafts his first pitcher in the 5th round. is that typical for him (based on an earlier post when he asked if we had to draft pitchers )?
      It's a round early for me in a league of this depth. But I like CMart a lot.
      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

chancellor drafts his first pitcher in the 5th round. is that typical for him (based on an earlier post when he asked if we had to draft pitchers )?
        That's true for several of us with a few (including me) having 0 SP thru 5 rounds. For me this is part exercise to see if I can build a staff later, part valuation where ADPs from NFBC overweight SP imo and part nature of a draft as a couple times I would have gone with a SP but got poached. 16-team mixed with only 8 active P slots seems shallow to me so were I to be playing this out I'd be more apt to roster 8-9 SP between active and bench and rotate by matchups.

Comment

• Do we have timeout rules? Not that we're in a rush, and not that I'm not the biggest offender so far

Comment

• I sent mgwiz an e-mail.
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

I sent mgwiz an e-mail.
              I did PM him right after my pick
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Yeah, Trumbo was a little too obvious there. Was hoping he'd fall into my lap. Picks coming in a couple.

Comment

• Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                  Yeah, Trumbo was a little too obvious there. Was hoping he'd fall into my lap. Picks coming in a couple.
                  Yeah, he's a steal at the end of the 5th round.

Comment

• guys, I'm going to drop out of this, I'm holding things up, and I'm already in several mocks that we are actually going to play out in season. Keep me in mind for mocks like those
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
                      guys, I'm going to drop out of this, I'm holding things up, and I'm already in several mocks that we are actually going to play out in season. Keep me in mind for mocks like those
                      Whoa now -- we need to find a replacement first.

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                        in total seriousness, why? you just go from 16 to 15. for example, in NFBC leagues, 15 is the standard, you'll actually be closer to standard ADPs
                        "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Agree - we either find a replacement of have 1 owner draft for both teams. Too far along to just skips picks.

Comment

How about Silentmist. He seemed interested.

Originally posted by Silentmist View Post
                            Damn, I didn't realize we started this early every year :-/
                            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I sent Silentmist a PM.
                              “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by madducks View Post
                                I sent Silentmist a PM.
                                Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X