No announcement yet.

2017 RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we allowed to pick bench players before our active slots are filled up? - re Madducks pick of Mallex.

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
      Are we allowed to pick bench players before our active slots are filled up? - re Madducks pick of Mallex.
      Mallex can go in the empty UT spot if that's the rule. Continue on with the next pick.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Are we allowed to pick bench players before our active slots are filled up? - re Madducks pick of Mallex.
        To my knowledge there was no rule stated for that nor should there be. If someone wants to fill up their bench before finalizing their last starting spot there is no strategic advantage to that.

Comment

Yessir.

Comment

• Last year's Mock allowed teams to draft players to the bench before filling the starting spots.
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Nice pick, Harmon. I kept looking at Jason's posts on Jones and yelling "Shut up! Just shut up! At least until my pick!!"
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                Nice pick, Harmon. I kept looking at Jason's posts on Jones and yelling "Shut up! Just shut up! At least until my pick!!"
                Lol...I got a bit of encouragement from Rotoworld today; they were talking about Nats and Sox discussing a Robertson trade.

Comment

• for those interested, Sporer and I are in a mock draft with some other folks that is much slower than this one. We're just into round 6

Our annual 12-team, 23-round expert slow mock is underway! Check back here regularly for the pick-by-pick results in addition to commentary…

Comment

• And then you take Hammel.

Comment

• Wanted Bedrosian. I think he will be one of the elite closers soon. Maybe as soon as this year.

The underrated Johnson will do though. He will run with the Atlanta closer job again. He's signed cheap for two years so i don't see him getting traded until the 2018 trade deadline.
                      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I thought about Johnson, too, but he's no sure thing (I think I'll keep him for $5 in my NL-only league...little risk). Bedrock's son may finally break through this year.
                        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• I'm less optimistic on little Bedrock. He has an injury history - finger injury followed by a season stopping blood clot last year.

He's one of the few guys where I think ST will actually matter.

Comment

• I thought you did well there with Suarez Chance. At 25 y/o, he could uptick and give you 25/80 in round 18.
                            After former Broncos quarterback Brian Griese sprained his ankle and said he was tripped on the stairs of his home by his golden retriever, Bella: “The dog stood up on his hind legs and gave him a push? You might want to get rid of that dog, or put him in the circus, one of the two.”

Comment

• I just realized we only have 4 starting OF slots.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
                                I thought you did well there with Suarez Chance. At 25 y/o, he could uptick and give you 25/80 in round 18.
                                Thanks - and if he can steal 10 again, then he's a huge bargain. I've noticed he has a very low ADP so far so he should stay cheap.

That's one of the reasons i like to get BA early. A lot of times there's some realbargains but with BA risk late

Comment

Working...
                                X