2017 RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

and we seem to have come to a screeching halt
    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
      and we seem to have come to a screeching halt
      I texted JC this morning. I really don't want to skip anyone, especially for two picks.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
        I texted JC this morning. I really don't want to skip anyone, especially for two picks.
        No, don't skip anyone at this point, it's for fun and it's Mid-January...
        "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
        - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
        -Warren Ellis

Comment

Agreed - no rush. Being the first nice weekend here in a while, I'll be hit or miss as well if it got back to me.

Comment

Yeah, we wouldn't want anyone to get stuck with Derek Dietrich as their first round pick.
            “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
              Yeah, we wouldn't want anyone to get stuck with Derek Dietrich as their first round pick.
              or Trea Turner

Comment

Originally posted by harmon View Post
                or Trea Turner
                Turner played like a first rounder during the second half of 2016 so it's not a terrible pick. But there is a little more risk with a second year player than there is with a guy who has put up good numbers for multiple seasons.
                “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
                  Turner played like a first rounder during the second half of 2016 so it's not a terrible pick. But there is a little more risk with a second year player than there is with a guy who has put up good numbers for multiple seasons.
                  Yup, totally agree but I think there is massive production possible here for 2B. I wouldn't do this in a big stakes money league but fun to try it here and it will definitely pay off if he's close to what he was doing last year.

Comment

Sorry guys, Revo messaged me this morning but I missed it. Picks coming now.

Comment

Turner was the guy I was hoping would fall, but based on ADP I knew it wasn't likely to happen. He's a big risk but I think he stays in the majors, so the speed gives him a high floor.

Comment

I have seen Villar's ADP be all over the map.

Comment

So much for me making an early homer pick of Villar.
                          I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by revo View Post
                            I have seen Villar's ADP be all over the map.
                            He won me a title last year and with the increase in the value of SBs, I don't see why he has fallen so far in some leagues.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              He won me a title last year and with the increase in the value of SBs, I don't see why he has fallen so far in some leagues.
                              The CBS "experts" did a 12-tm mock recently and I was shocked to see him go 75th. His 2016 season was beyond fantastic.

Comment

Three picks Saturday. Seven picks Sunday. We might get done before the all-star break.

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X