No announcement yet.

2017 RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry for the delay - took a day trip out of state today and just got home.

I was hoping that Marte or Lindor would be available with the #26 pick - decided to go with a consistent, but not necessarily sexy, pitcher in Kluber.
    "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
    "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
    WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
    PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Damn, I didn't realize we started this early every year :-/

Comment

Guys, can I ask what a Draft and Hold league means?
        No FA pickups?
        So if you get injuries you rely on the depth of your squad?
        How does this work for positions like Catcher, if you only draft 1...?

Comment

Originally posted by Mendoza_Line View Post
          No FA pickups?
          I would assume that means just having a dead spot in your lineup.

Comment

What does everyone think about doubling up at SS on the wheel? I love Correa this year, and while the guy I almost took over Blackmon is still out there, I also considered doubling up at SS with Seager, or going with Villar for a bit of position flexibility. The "problem" is that even taking 2 of them doesn't really destroy the SS pool, with Correa, Villar, Seager, Xander, and Lindor all being top 25 worthy.

Comment

JC - works for me. Like the idea of Villar to get you positional flexibility. It'll be interesting to see what's available back around the turn.
              I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

Originally posted by joncarlos View Post
                What does everyone think about doubling up at SS on the wheel? I love Correa this year, and while the guy I almost took over Blackmon is still out there, I also considered doubling up at SS with Seager, or going with Villar for a bit of position flexibility. The "problem" is that even taking 2 of them doesn't really destroy the SS pool, with Correa, Villar, Seager, Xander, and Lindor all being top 25 worthy.
                Yeah, not sure I would do that to "corner the market." There's a lot of lower-tiered MIs out there who I would love to get at the MI spot.

No FA pickups?
                I think if we did a 'Buy and Hold" league, we'd need to do an NFBC style 40+ rd draft, which I don't really have much of an interest in doing!

Comment

Exactly. I really like Seager so might have gone Correa/Seager but not because I was trying to make it harder for everyone else. SS is very deep now and there is a lot of young talent you aren't even mentioning. Main reason not to go Correa/Seager though is that neither offers much in SB which are a priority for me in any early round mock that I do. Really hard to find guys with steals in the double digit rounds (that don't have a lot of warts / PT risk).

Comment

was hoping for Marte here in the 2nd.....
                    "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Votto was the other guy I was considering instead of Blackmon.

Comment

I debated between Kluber and "Thor" ..... Syndergaard's injuries last year scared me off. If healthy this year Syndergaard should be a beast.
                        "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
                        "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
                        WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
                        PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by kawaise View Post
                          I debated between Kluber and "Thor" ..... Syndergaard's injuries last year scared me off. If healthy this year Syndergaard should be a beast.
                          As the Thor owner in RJEL (at $2 mind you) I am certainly crossing my finders on his arm but from everything I heard it was bone spurs and he pitched through them well enough. He never had them surgically removed so will have to monitor any spring issues but nothing about the forearm so far as I heard at least. I generally prefer NL over AL pitchers all things being equal but very hard choice between Kluber and Syndergaard this year.

Comment

Votto was the other guy I was considering instead of Blackmon.
                            Surprised Votto almost fell to me, but Freeman will hopefully continue where he left off in the 2nd half.
                            If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                            - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

I'm curious - what's the ruling here on Schwarber's eligibility - OF only?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                                I'm curious - what's the ruling here on Schwarber's eligibility - OF only?
                                Yeah.

Comment

Working...
                                X