No announcement yet.

2017 RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice pick on Pollock as I strongly considered him at 3.02. Definite risk as he's only had the one healthy season but what a season it was.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
      Nice pick on Pollock as I strongly considered him at 3.02. Definite risk as he's only had the one healthy season but what a season it was.
      Missed out on Marte. But, i think Pollock can put up similar numbers if healthy.

Plus i think he compliments Bryant well as my first two hitters drafted. Hopefully they both can reach their ceilings and combine for 60 SB/60 HR.
      Last edited by madducks; 01-17-2017, 07:04 AM.
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

1B being kind of a wasteland is one of the reasons I was looking hard at Votto. I know he was nails last year but I have absolutely zero faith in Wil Myers doing that again.

Comment

Originally posted by madducks View Post
          Missed out on Marte. But, i think Pollock can put up similar numbers if healthy.

Plus i think he compliments Bryant well as my first two hitters drafted. Hopefully they both can reach their ceilings and combine for 60 SB/60 HR.
          I debated between Springer and Pollock but went with someone who was a little less risky. But I like the pick.
          I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

Originally posted by Fresno Bob View Post
            3.06 Madison Bumgarner P SFG

Guess it was time to get a pitcher
            The time to get Bumgarner was the first round.
            I'm unconsoled I'm lonely, I am so much better than I used to be.

The Weakerthans Aside

Comment

I sent Fresno a PM.
              "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
              "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
              WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
              PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                3.15 Should I get Mike Trout or Mookie Betts?

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                  Lol. C'mon Fresno!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ken View Post
                    You'll have all week to think it over lol.
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• Originally posted by BuckyBuckner View Post
                      I'm not sure what this says about Bumgarner that he thought he was still available ....lol

Comment

• Originally posted by harmon View Post
                        I'm not sure what this says about Bumgarner that he thought he was still available ....lol
                        Well from the early NFBC ADP numbers, he's typically right around pick 15, with a variance between pick 12 and 20. So expecting him to be available at pick 38 as the 6th pitcher taken may just be the outlier.

Comment

• So how long do we wait for a re-pick? I can sense a definite waning of interest as we go along choosing less than a round a day.
                          "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                          - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                          -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                            So how long do we wait for a re-pick? I can sense a definite waning of interest as we go along choosing less than a round a day.
                            I agree. I think we need to set a 4-hour turnaround on a repick.

Comment

• sorry guys, was on a plane
                              "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

• Originally posted by Hornsby View Post
                                So how long do we wait for a re-pick? I can sense a definite waning of interest as we go along choosing less than a round a day.
                                I will confess that I have a definate waning of interest once I found out that we aren't playing it out
                                "You know what's wrong with America? If I lovingly tongue a woman's nipple in a movie, it gets an "NC-17" rating, if I chop it off with a machete, it's an "R". That's what's wrong with America, man...."--Dennis Hopper

"One should judge a man mainly from his depravities. Virtues can be faked. Depravities are real." -- Klaus Kinski

Comment

Working...
                                X