2017 RJ Mock One Discussion Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kawaise View Post
    There was a pretty good article on Fulmer in last week's Sports Illustrated. He spends some of his off-season working as a plumber.
    I guess everybody has to be doing something

Comment

• Originally posted by kawaise View Post
      There was a pretty good article on Fulmer in last week's Sports Illustrated. He spends some of his off-season working as a plumber.
      Yeah, the guys on MLB Network were grilling him on it when he won the ROTY award.

Wow, Yasiel Puig. I'm not sure if a 10th round pick is a steal or a sucker's bet. At this point I'm leaning steal.

Comment

• I've never owned him; therefore, I've never been burned by him. He was near the top of my very early and poorly constructed cheat sheet for a few rounds, so figured why not.

Comment

• Going offline now. Sent my picks in PM to Revo just in case my turn comes up quick.
          “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• I've got to get to basketball practice. I've PM'd my pick to Revo.
            "Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes." Oscar Wilde
            "The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others." Gandhi
            WRL (AL-only) Champion (league started in 1997) - 1997, '98, 2000, '03, '08, '15, '16, '17
            PVRL (NL-only) Champion (league started in 1986)- 1993, 2004, '05, '06, '10, '11, '14, '16, '17

Comment

• Steve - you're starting to piss me off now with all your snipes. Nice pick on Anderson but now I strongly remember why I only do auctions......

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Tymer View Post
                Steve - you're starting to piss me off now with all your snipes. Nice pick on Anderson but now I strongly remember why I only do auctions......
                LOL...thanks. I really like Anderson, and wish that I owned him in more leagues. He's quietly got the talent to be a really top player at an already stacked position.
                "Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
                - Napoleon Bonaparte (1769-1821)

"Your shitty future continues to offend me."
                -Warren Ellis

Comment

• Didn't think that Perez would still be available here as i worried that Bucky started a catcher run 7 picks back. Luckily it didn't happen.
                  Last edited by madducks; 01-28-2017, 11:41 PM.
                  “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.”

― Albert Einstein

Comment

• After a quick perusal of the rosters, I like the way chance's, Big Tymers, and kawaise's teams are shaping up.
                    If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                    - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                      After a quick perusal of the rosters, I like the way chance's, Big Tymers, and kawaise's teams are shaping up.
                      Yours is impressive, too. More speed than me, very solid in BA, nice mix of R/RBI. Good value on pitchers.

PS - Thanks. Appreciate the feedback!
                      I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Was thinking about Tulo instead of Schoop, but sadly, I think Schoop is a better bet for this year.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                          Yours is impressive, too. More speed than me, very solid in BA, nice mix of R/RBI. Good value on pitchers.

PS - Thanks. Appreciate the feedback!
                          Likewise. Investing metaphor, it seems like the general preference in this draft is growth so I've been going for value.

ETA: Probably too-value heavy tbh, no way I'd end up with a roster like this in my auction league.
                          Last edited by DMT; 01-29-2017, 09:49 PM.
                          If DMT didn't exist we would have to invent it. There has to be a weirdest thing. Once we have the concept weird, there has to be a weirdest thing. And DMT is simply it.
                          - Terence McKenna

Bullshit is everywhere. - George Carlin (& Jon Stewart)

How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are? - Satchel Paige

Comment

• Originally posted by revo View Post
                            Was thinking about Tulo instead of Schoop, but sadly, I think Schoop is a better bet for this year.
                            Greater potential for Schoop, I agree. I'd likely have taken him if he slipped to me. Tulo is the 170s seemed like pretty decent value to me, though.
                            I'm just here for the baseball.

Comment

• Originally posted by DMT View Post
                              After a quick perusal of the rosters, I like the way chance's, Big Tymers, and kawaise's teams are shaping up.
                              Thanks - I've been very focused on high BA, balanced offense players with an early bias towards SBs thinking I can get power later sacrificing some average. With pitching, wanted to lock up 2 top-closers to solidify saves and mitigate inherent risk in the position with turnover in the middle/late tiers. Wanted my #1 to be in the NL with strong ratios (Maeda) and honestly Duffy was someone I considered a round earlier that I thought was too much value to pass up.

Kind of feel I reached on Benintendi & Kiermaier in particular but drafting at the end you either risk picking early or having them not get back to you.

There has been some great, late value at 2B as stated by others here so think I might have been better off passing on Kinsler in round 4 but you never know how the draft will shape up when you're in the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by chancellor View Post
                                Tulo in the 170s seemed like pretty decent value to me, though.
                                As i always say at my auction when people are bidding on him, no matter what the price is: Tu-lo! Tu-lo! (too-low! too low!)

― Albert Einstein

Comment

Working...
                                X